Y&R: TV Guide interview with Jill Farren Phelps

• Members

I think Jess will return full-time, if Jill and company are still interested.

I think she's just basking in the glow of being a new grandmother and starting her life in Oregon at the moment. I'm sure they can arrange a schedule for her where she'll appear regularly (or semi-regularly), but still get to commute in a realistic and economical fashion between LA and Oregon.

I'm glad that JFP seemingly cares about Jill/Jess Walton, because if she didn't, she would not have reached out to her to establish contact.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You could knock me over with a feather. Phelps finally interested in diversity and Neil in a hot love story? Anything would beat the absurdity they passed as a love scene with Sophia covered in rolls of sheet while Neil's ass practically fell off the sofa.

I wonder who's the actress who wants a temporary leave of absence.

• Members

If all the fans want Victoria Rowell back and Victoria Rowell wants to come back, what is the roadblock to her coming back? I know she tends to speak her mind, but I don't recall her saying anything that bad, unless I missed something. I think I remember reading that when she and what's his name left, they took half the black audience of that show with them.

• Members

If they want Neil in a hot love story (which surprises me considering the way KSJ badmouthed JFP on Twitter) and can't bring Victoria Rowell back, I suggest they bring Lesli Kay on as Felicia on a permanent basis. She's so close to Drucilla in personality it's not even funny and lord knows B&B won't be using her. She'd be a fantastic addition.

• Members

You aren't being logical. Why on earth would JFP mention Jess Walton in this interview, going so far as to say that Jess has agreed to return, when she could have just left her off canvas as a casualty of MAB, using the "Jess is loving being an Oregon grandma!" excuse that MAB herself orchestrated? It makes JFP look like an awful liar. She doesn't want to do that.

• Members

To be very frank, Jill Abbott is right up there in terms of types for JFP surrogate heroines. She has certain stories and tropes she loves, including the woman of a certain age swept off her feet by a new, often younger man. Often the women will be styled to resemble JFP, though this may be sheer coincidence. Jess Walton already has the shorter hair.

Archived