Unpopular Opinions: 2012 Edition

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GH:

1 Not only do I honestly care less about Patrick's grief barely getting any airtime, I simply don't buy that that cheating louse would be bereft over Robin's 'death'. Considering how bad a husband he was to her while she was alive, I'm glad that Ron is paying little attention to the toxicity that 'was' that marriage.

2. The only pairing of Robin's that I enjoyed was of her and Stone. While I'm well aware of the fact that it was a typical-teen-love-turned-tragic, I never questioned Stone's love for Robin and his desire to be a better person for her. While I'm sure that they would've eventually grown apart (and maybe reunite down the line) if he'd lived, I'm also certain that he wouldn't have been selfish enough to place his needs above hers in the way that her subsequent boyfriend and subsequent husband had.

3. I was thrilled to hear that she roasted the cheating louse over the coals at Robin's funeral, as far too many people had fallen over themselves to absolve his ass of his betrayal. It was about time that someone was allowed to unequivocally stand up for Robin instead of worrying about Patrick's little feelings.

I see zero difference in the way Krustina is being portrayed, as Lindsey Morgan has seamlessly inhabited the insufferable character that Lexi Ainsworth left behind. As far as I see, it's the same shít with a different smell.

5. Not only do I welcome the rumored resurgence of Llanview, I welcome it with open arms because I find that this is the least that ABCD can do after cancelling the far superior One Live to Live while preserving the rancid General Hospital.

As far as I am concerned,

if

Cartini had concocted an evil plan to revive OLTL at the expense of GH (which I honestly don't believe that they are, though I certainly wouldn't blame them one iota if they were), then I consider it to be sweet karma for the many characters that I loved that were trashed (including the aforementioned Brenda) and/or thrown under the bus to prop the worthless characters over the past decade. The shoe is now on the other foot and I can't say that I'm mad or sad about that at all.

I only wish that the same courtesy could have been extended towards

All My Children

Despite having the ability to provide relevancy and/likability to characters that would've otherwise fallen by the wayside, Robin Scorpio is not nearly as respected a character as she should be - something that annoys me to no end since other soaps have paid far more respect to their multi-generational legacy characters.

General UO:

Not only do I enjoy teen stories (when done well) on soaps, I still anticipate the launching of those storylines because they present a fresh(-faced) new group of characters to play out the teen drama that I've always loved in both daytime and primetime television (until bad writing/bad-in-a-dreadful-way acting proves otherwise).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

He's asexual, can't control his facial expressions, and hams it up at all times. More and more he reminds me of an old man in a young man's body. GH has a lot of bad younger (and older) actors, but there's a certain naturalness in a few of them that Massey lacks. He drags every scene down. The only reason anyone cares at this point is because they like watching him coo at EJ.

• Members

I think Chandler Massey was very good when he was with Gabi and mixed more with characters in his own age group. He and Casey Dedrick's Chad had a nice friendship. As soon as they turned him into the male Sami it all went downhill. It doesn't help that he spends most of his time now working with the 2 biggest scenery chewers on the show, AS and JS

• Members

It's been 2 years and I still don't understand why GH cast CD. It's not just that he can't act because the who actually can act on that show list is short. It's that he's lifeless onscreen. Literally no emotion beyond dopey and sighing. At the end of the day there's not much memorable about him and the role as compared to the rest of the characters/actors around him.

Archived