Unpopular Opinions: 2012 Edition

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bwhahahahahahaha...Thanks Cheap!

Yes he is cute hot....pic 7 I think the one Cheap put up of him is hot...for some reason I find it hot...I know its another smirk...but seeing it all the time in his acting and with a story being so serious as it is suppose to be doesnt work for Massey. I know what I would do if I were EP and HW of the show with the story besides ending it.

• Members

- Jeanne Cooper's acting has sucked for years and she has no business still being a lead. I cringe every time MAB has Katherine yell at God in an obvious attempt to secure an Emmy reel. Y&R did just fine ratings-wise during the Jack Smith and LML eras when Katherine was a supporting character and if Susan Flannery can be backburnered on B&B, so can Cooper.

- The only time Nick was ever likeable was during the early years of Phick.

- Victoria has never been written better than during Heinle's first 1-2 years on the show.

- Michael Muhney > Chris Engen

- Jennifer Landon > Vail Bloom

- David Tom > Ryan Brown > Billy Miller

- Susan Walters > Alex Donnelley

- Tammin Sursok > Adrianne Leon

- Rachel Kimsey > Ashley Bashioum > Clementine Ford

• Members

Jeanne's acting has only been bad since LML & that was mainly because Latham made her into a prop for EVERYONE.

Nick hasn't been Nick since Smith & Latham made him unrecognizable to make the Giggleship happen.

The character's best years were when Heather Tom was in the role.

There's a reason why Amelia's Victoria has become a glorified extra (that plays the same two stories for years) now.

Walters is a good actress but her Diane was way too nice.

Australian Racism!

Rachel Kimsey was not Mackenzie.

Another example of a character being almost destroyed to prop a miscast actress.

• Members

Rachel Kimsey > Ashley Bashioum > Clementine Ford

I think that both Clementine Ford & Rachel Kimsey were great actress. Mac however, is a character that todays soaps can not write anymore and the character was so changed that neither could have been accepted as Mac, because they were not Mac. I dont think the writers changed Mac to fit them, I think they were cats to play a Mac viewers didnt want to see.

Similar for AH as Victoria. I dont think Victoria was changed to suit her, I think she was picked to play a Victoria the writers (and perhaps EB wanted).

• Members

Jeanne's acting can't be blamed on LML or MAB. Other actors (Jess Walton for instance) have risen above bad writing and turned manure into fertilizer. Jeanne just got lazy.

Smith and LML may have completely changed Nick, but it was for the better. He had personality. He had a sense of humor. He wasn't the stiff, wooden, cookie-cutter soap opera meat head he was under Bell and Alden (and has regressed back into under MAB).

Heather Tom is an infinitely better actress than Amelia Heinle but her Victoria was written as a selfish, spoilt daddy's girl with ZERO likeable qualities. Originally Heinle's Victoria was written as a more mature, nicer version of Tom's. The character has only become an unrecognizeable, spineless waste of space since MAB took over.

Really? I've never seen Diane Jenkins as 'nice' but I thought Walters' Diane was much more manipulative than Donnelley's. I can't picture Donnelley's Diane throwing herself under Phyllis' car or burning down the pool house (or doing half the things West's Diane did).

Archived