Unpopular Opinions: 2012 Edition

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, I realize that you were not advocating a generic himbo version of Rick, but I was always afraid that that's what the unimaginative, desperate-to-attract-teen-girls PTB would do. Once upon a time, quirky, interesting actors would be hired to play all sorts of parts, but in the last few decades, more often than not, "romantic leads" have been generic model types.

• Members

I just posted this in the non soap UO page, but it works for the soaps too IMO:

I really think it would be interesting for TV to have a teenage and/or college age girl/guy who have never had a boyfriend/girlfriend before, just to show that not everyone winds up dating at that age, as there are people who have this experience in real life (I, um, fall into this category myself). I know it might seem boring for some or like it limits the character, but there are people who don't start dating until college, or even their mid 20s, especially if they're shy or reserved (and it would only give them a higher rooting factor if they keep having unrequited crushes, making the first relationship even more special).

This can also include even going on a first date, as sometimes it takes that long to get to that stage, too.

• Members

A light-hearted UO:

Since Finola Hughes didn't attend the Emmys the year she won hers (in 1991), I'm perfectly fine with the idea of her taking NLG's home for herself (since NLG was able to personally take her first one home in 1989), not only because it could be put in place of the one she never got to take home 21 years ago, but because she's the one who presented it.

...I'm totally kidding. Sort of. tongue.png

Archived