Unpopular Opinions: 2012 Edition

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thought of some older ones of mine:

I liked Courtney on GH and never understood all the hate for her.

I preferred Judi Evans as Bonnie Lockhart on Days to all of her other characters. I thought Bonnie was awesome on Days and I enjoyed both her and Mimi...and even Patrick!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I am loving Jill and Josh's Y&R so far and I'm sick of all the Y&R-is-doomed/the-end-is-nein talk when nothing bad has actually happened yet.

Also tired of hearing how JFP is the root of all evil based on things she supposedly did at other soaps. Frankly I don't give a sh!t what she did at other soaps - this is Y&R and so far she's made nothing but positive changes. And it's not like she has complete autonomy anyway.

[/rant]

• Members

I thought she was well received when she debuted but a big part of the hate towards her happened after she dropped AJ to become a Jason worshipper and joined the ranks of Sonny and Carly, complete with becoming her BFF. From that moment on, Courtney became one of the most hated characters. One thing I hated about her was how she acted like she was all tough yet kept putting herself in danger.. I remember her chasing down thugs down an alley and beating them up, only to end up getting kidnapped. When she was pregnant, instead of staying on the boat, she jumped into the middle of the ocean when it was pitch black. I hated how whiny she was and kept trying to change Jason. I don't know why she even married him bc she wasn't built for his lifestyle. To her credit, I liked her with Nikolas and thought the character was finally working again when she was put with him but of course she was killed off

or just rename this one

• Members

That's exactly why the majority of fans who hadn't imbibed Guza's CarJaSon koolaid started to hate her after she dropped AJ and got with Jason.

I loved the Courtney/AJ story, most of which was constructed and written by Megan McTavish. Unfortunately, when both Guza and his muse Steve Burton returned, AJ was tossed down a garbage disposal and CarJaSon became WINNING once more.

I hate Guza so much just for trashing Courtney/AJ, which could have been a redemption story, because she'd forgiven him once and gave him another chance and until Guza came back, AJ was not taking that second chance for granted. He was truly trying to live up to the faith she'd placed in him, even though it was difficult at times.

Archived