Unpopular Opinions: 2012 Edition

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Though I wasn't alive or old enough to see these tenures, I think I would have preferred Jerome and Bridget Dobson's Guidling Lught over Douglas Marland's.

While I appreciate (and liked a lot of) Marland's tenure from the stuff I've seen, I think there was a certain soul and electricity in the Dobson's work that was lost in the transition.

This is purely going off reading recaps and seeing random episodes from these two tenures though.

• Members

I think, as saynotoursoap mentioned, a big difference is the younger heroines on the show don't really have any inner life or strength (although I like what I have seen of Morgan when KV was in the role), whereas they did with the Dobsons.

• Members

Amelia Heinle is fine as Victoria. She may not be as strong as Heather Tom but she fits the role of Victor and Nikki's ice queen daughter nicely. Unless TPTB are somehow able to get Tom back, I'm fine with Heinle staying on indefinitely.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I like Michelle Stafford as Phyllis, and though I do agree that there is a whole lot of her on the show, I still like this character's brand of being lost. She is now without a husband and has problems with her kids, and somehow that makes her interesting to me. Plus, the whole Jack/Phyllis dynamic works.

Also, I miss Gloria and Jeff in bigger doses, with funny dialogue like they used to have.

• Members

AGREED.

In light of recent GH discussions, I also have to add these SEVERELY unpopular opinions:

i love Kelly Sullivan as Kate and hated Megan Ward.

I don't think the "younger" set is that bad.

I feel like without Billy Warlock in the role, AJ's return is just a little bit lacking.

Archived