Unpopular Opinions: 2012 Edition

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I miss Guza and hate how budget looking and horrifyingly tacky GH has become since Frank and Ron took over

DOOL is the absolute pits right now. Eileen Davidson is the only interesting thing about it and even her story is like watching paint dry.

I'm enjoying Y&R a lot now.

Oh and Laura Wright >>>>>>>>>>> every other flop female lead in the game

• Members

Not to say that I didn't have major issues with Guza, but looking and seeing what the show is reduced to now, I can now look back at him with more objectiveness.

Carlivati tries to rely too much on stories and characters that were popular 25 years ago, and believe me, that's going to become problematic in the future once the glow wears off.

Guza had issues and one could rightfuly argue he had no use for GH history (neither did Gloria Month, so?), but at least he tried to keep the show moving forward. All I see is pure regression with Carlivati's writing. It's all very superficial and one dimensional. I'm all for using history to propel stories into the future, I just don't think Carlivati is doing it authentically. The characters all feel like cartoons, more so than they did before.

Nothing Carlivati has done comes close to Guza's '96 and early '98 stints to me (and yes, I realize those eras had their issues too).

• Members

GH missed out greatly by not focusing on the Quartermaines the last decade. I feel like they are the central family of the show, and if they had took the time to reinvest in them (or not completely dismantling them to begin with) the show would/could be in better shape.

They have SO much history, and so many branches on that family tree that could have been invested in that just makes me sad at all of the missed opportunities. No other family on GH comes close.

Yes, their shtick, with the constant fighting, gets old at times...but even when it gets to that point, I still find myself smiling.

Archived