Unpopular Opinions: 2012 Edition

• Members

I would include Y&R in that. Yes, there has been some indescribably bad writing in the last few years and there are still things that don't work, but there are also plenty of things that do. I don't think the damage is anywhere near irreparable.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's another, random, unpopular opinion: as affable as Michael O'Leary was as GUIDING LIGHT's Dr. Rick Bauer, there were times when, in my heart of hearts, I had wished someone hunkier and more masculine was in the role.

• Members

I hate to say it, especially since it's about mental illness, but Bree Williamson's portrayal of Wes on OLTL cracked me up! It was so bad that it was good. BW is good at OTT mugging. She bored me as Tess and Bess (even if you leave out that it's about mental illness). Other than that, the DID crap disgusted me, especially with Jess, but Wes and Erika Slezak's performances as Niki Smith (especially in 2002) were hilarious.

I always liked Tina/Cord on OLTL, but I liked Tina/Cain more. And speaking of Tina, I could never stand Krista Tesreau. I don't know why a lot of people love her and hate Andrea Evans.

I think Rex on OLTL was even less believable as a sleazy con man than as a leading man. If they wanted me to buy that Rex has ever had sex with anyone (male or female), they should have recast JPL. Possibly the most asexual actor I've ever seen on a soap. And painfully earnest too, ugh! Same with David Gregory, who played that revolting Ford.

I liked Kyle Brandt, Martha Madison, and Jason Cook on DAYS, and I prefer them to the other actors I saw play their characters.

I find Wendy Moniz extremely grating, at best, on both GL and OLTL. Gina Tognoni is always preferrable as an actress (they both played Dinah), even on her absolute worst day.

I love Liam on B&B just because he's played by Scott Clifton.

• Members

be careful what you wish for!

and where did you get that? KT is almost always universally panned across the board with AE deemed as the one true Tina and KW a worthy replacement. KT, Tina and love arent 3 words Id put together. I didnt mind her though but anyone loving her is an unpopular opinion

• Members

If you posted on the AOL Soap Opera Digest message boards back in the late 90's, you wouldn't have had the unpopular opinion. People there used to rip her to shreds... but these are also the very same fans who were thisclose to erecting a gold statue in honor of the majestic beauty that was: MATT & VANESSA

• Members

That was part of it, but there was also the feeling that she was being used to push Vanessa off the show, which I do believe. I loathed Dinah at that time and I had to stop watching in large part because of that Lonitrat disaster.

• Members

While I technically like O'Leary, I was surprised he lasted so long in the part, particularly when he was in the younger leading man age range. Heck, they had even replaced the wonderful Mart Hulswit, as Rick's father, for a "more attractive" version. It would have been a shame to turn Rick into another generic, wooden himbo, however; his sense of humor was appealing. I always thought Tuc Watkins could pull off a sexy, yet comedic Rick Bauer.

• Members

Same. Of course, I'd never suggest turning Rick into another generic soap hunk. I think you could have on a soap opera someone with the right combination of good looks and sense of humor. It's just takes a HW and EP with imagination.

Archived