Unpopular Opinions: 2012 Edition

• Members

Most pregnant woman dont drink booze. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being around it. Its not like lets say an alcoholic wo has trouble controlling their urges. Besides I dont know what context that picture was taking. What if she's out at some type of celebration for a family member/friend. Is she not supposed to go bc there's liquor around?

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay, it could also be the way the dress is cut and the way she's standing. I don't know anything about her because I have zero interest in her so I didn't know. I saw the pic and thought it was odd, sort of a how not to do a PSA.

• Members

I thought Kyle was the most likable character out of that whole quartet between everyone in that pregnancy story. Stacy/Kim/Skylar/Rex/Gigi/etc. were all twelve kind of annoying in one way or another. I eventually grew to like Stacy as the bitchy villain she was and I thought Clifton did a great job as Skylar but the others were the pits. Kyle was the one who sold the entire Kish storyline to me, even if the show featured more heavily on Oliver Fish.

• Members

He was vile and repulsive and I could never get over how he came on as some sleazy hospital worker that blackmailed Natalie and Jared as well as Roxy. He was awful and Roxy being his BFF made no sense to me other than they needed someone to prop him up

• Members

I LOVED Kish, but I hear ya. After having them as red herrings in the KAD serial killer storyline and establishing them as being in each other's back-stories, RC wiped their slates clean to write the gay story. Honestly, maybe it's just because I was all for it, this was one of those do-overs I didn't mind. Roxy wouldn't have given a Kyle a break, but I rolled with RC ignoring their pasts.

I think that Brett Claywell was, by far, the best actor out of that whole group, and that was one of the reasons I really loved Kyle. But Kyle wasn't characterized too much, and as damaging as it was, the looming history of the bag o' blood story was one of the only things that gave him some personality. Otherwise he was really just a foil for Oliver.

I loved the foursome with them and Cris & Layla and was bitterly disappointed when that was dropped in favor of really inserting them into the pregnancy story, but we knew that was coming for months. I hated Rex & Gigi and had no use for Stacy or Kim until they were skanking around town trying to get Stacy pregnant. Then, I really thought they were hilarious (this is the kind of RC camp I can really get behind and ignore the more serious implications occurring) . . . and then I even found myself rooting for Sky & Gigi. Once all seven of them came together in Dec. '09 I was hooked on all of them, but that was because I thought the scenario had finally come together in such a thoroughly enjoyable way. I also was into Oliver being the father of Stacy's baby because, at that time, I thought anyone connected to Rex & Gigi was guaranteed airtime, lol.

Another thing I loved about RC's OLTL that is so NOT present on his GH was these 'random' developments that were shocking and had so much impact. He really could end an episode on a high note. Like when Stacy had finally given up on trying to dupe Rex and was going to tell him she wasn't pregnant only to look across the bar and see Oliver taking a shot and the music did that vvvooop thing and quick cut to black. SO good, IMO.

I think the minute that story started showing the rewrites was right after Kyle found out Sky was the 'father' of Stacy's baby . . . I'd bet money that if RC wasn't forced to write out Stacy, the three of them would've formed some kind of pact to keep everything a secret, with Kyle suspecting the whole time the father was really Oliver.

The only thing I really didn't like about this whole group was how RC handled Sky/Stacy--I have no problem with Sky holding Stacy accountable for the bag o' blood and being 'raped' by her (duh! lol), but after the first few weeks, I NEVER got the feeling that they were previously in a very serious relationship that allegedly was pretty positive. Sky/Stacy should've been a complicated dynamic and that was wasted.

• Members

I found the James Ford abuse storyline to be oddly poignant and I consider James and Eddie Ford to be interesting characters in their own right, even if they only existed to contrast Ford and give him a conscience.

• Members

I never thought Starr was this hilarious adorable little sprite who made OLTL great. I thought she was OK in small doses but there was often too much of the same stuff over and over. She was the typical overly precocious stage school child. I also felt like this cutesiness papered over just what a vile character Todd was, leading to the stupidity of him getting his own doll.

For that reason, I have never felt like the more recent Starr was a huge betrayal of the character or that it was an outrage that she wasn't going around looking for lizards. I think there is a way to write for Starr, and for KA's odd range as an actress, and have a good result. She did gain something of a following among younger viewers for a while. It's a shame that terrible, hollow, shock value writing meant GH viewers had the worst possible introduction to her. It's easy to put the blame on KA's acting, as many have, but GH is so full of bad acting, even from people I once saw as being talented, like Laura Wright and Finola Hughes.

Archived