Unpopular Opinions: 2012 Edition

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that he was clearly initially imagined as a short-term character. Though Brody remained a whipping boy through his one life to live on OLTL, I don't think Cartini hated him at all. I think RC loved him and that's why I was SO surprised that he Eli Clarke'd him (though, this was during/after batshit crazy Marty). What differentiated Brody from GH's Lucky and AJ was that RC constantly provided him with a sympathetic POV and it was clear that he really wanted the audience to be invested in Brody's outcome. Though Rex, John, and eventually Ford were preferred by TPTB, I think Brody was a game piece they really valued until he full force got thrown under the Ford bus and Jollie train (let's face it, this joke couple decimated more people than a bus could accommodate).

And Brody got a shot at happily ever after with Jess, something Bob Guza would've never mofo'n ever let happen with (GV's) Lucky or AJ.

I loved Brody and despite this post, I do agree and was so upset at how many times he got sucker punched, I just don't think RC wrote him as the reject that Guza did regarding Lucky and AJ.

• Members

I think the only reason Brody stayed as long as he did was because of the absolute worthlessness of the show's pets. Bree Williamson could not carry a story - she had just tried, with Tess' return, and it wrecked the show. Brody propped her up until they could find her someone they saw as worthy (like Ford). Brody and Natalie also had to move story for the fish lipped McBain who could do nothing but squint and pout and put his hands on his hips.

Archived