Unpopular Opinions: 2012 Edition

• Members

To be fair that's been the case for years. There a never been any proof in terms of numbers that those that are the loudest online are the most popular. Days just did an entire reboot centered around a ton of fanfaves folks online have been whining for for years and its been a big old flop.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They are? I think they just write for themselves unless there has been a big cry for rape and almost rape stories or centering a big DiD story around Kate. When are they going to start listening to the cries online for no more Jason, Sonny, and Carly?

• Members

People gush about Cartooni? Are they on the payroll?

As Toups said last night:

"Jumping on people who have different opinions, or making smart ass comments towards them, needs to stop. Please just focus the negativity on the show, not on other posters."

• Members

What you see here is what you'll see on any other soap board, which is why your initial statement about the constant whining is applicable to any other part of the soap internet. However, neither Cartini, nor viewers who appreciate what they bring to the table, care enough to bow down to said complaints. It was true when they oversaw OLTL and it is true now - something that I find refreshing since someone will always find a reason to complain about anything.

Such is life...

tumblr_ljb43k4iq91qixleeo1_400.gif

• Members

That's because there's nothing else to talk about. GH itself is hollowed out and RC has made the show into another of his fetishes about mentally ill women going wild and being horny.

Besides, many in the soap press and many fans were declaring GH saved as soon as these two took over. I think they were even praising the material before RC/FV began airing - it was awesome retroactively, apparently. It's not about GH, it's about pushing some image of these two as saviors.

I think they care. Carlivati was perpetually shocked that fans ever questioned his work. He just responded in "cute" ways, like having the failed sitcom recast of Jack making a joke about Danielle's age. Or bringing back Powell and Zach to remind us that more than one man had raped Marty. And I also wonder if those air quotes were his idea of mocking people who questioned the hotness of rape.

Archived