Unpopular Opinions: 2012 Edition

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it is frustrating when people create couple nicknames the second two characters interact on screen and internet communities are created. I actually liked the idea of Ethina and felt since Kristina had feelings for him it wasn't too unreasonable of an idea.

There are some couples I secret "ship" in a OMG that would be cool, but I don't go around looking for people to create a groundswell of support. I tend to go for cannon pairings, for whatever reason and enjoy looking for random scenes from years earlier with those characters and see if I can see a connection.

• Members

Seriously they did that, frequentsoapfan. Yikes that is too far, when I said unreasonable I meant the idea of the pairing wasn't out of left field, not the actions of the viewers who wanted that pairing.

• Members

Oh, I'll definitely agree about Madison being thrown under the bus for Ryan/Greenlee and Frankie being on the backburner with his chemistry void of a love interest. However, I simply couldn't see Frankie/Madison as being more than friends because I truly didn't get that vibe between those two characters. Making them that would've just come across as lazy, IMO.

• Members

That happens with every couple though even the popular couples or so called popular. And just because a few people online are more rabid and obsessed like Liason and EJ and Sami fans doesn't make then more popular than those non shipped or less shipped couples. The death threats stuff is not unique which is why I blame the shows for feeding these ugly fanbase wars.

• Members

I agree and will add that this ties into my initial UO about not seeing the point of 'shipping almost-maybe-could've-should've "couples".

It's annoying as hell - especially when they get pissed off that their "couple" isn't as revered as, well, the actual and official couples that exist beyond a one-night stand, random booty calls, or once-in-a-blue moon kiss...

There's a reason why a Frodd/Evangeline (for example) will never be taken as seriously as a Frodd/Tea or a Blair/Max (as dysfunctional as the latter two couples were).

• Members

Who did that happen to?

I don't get using a few vocal online or even PA fans to try and say so and so is a big popular couple neither are a decent measure of the overall fansbase and most of the time online it's split down the middle over who likes what couple and who hates what couple but the louder people apparently choose which is a popular couple.

Archived