Unpopular Opinions: 2012 Edition

• Members

I think the location footage is beautiful.

Taylor's wardrobe is hilarious - not sure if that's intentional.

I think I'd like Steffy more if she actually was a vixen.

This whole triangle with Steffy/Liam/Hope is written in a way where it's tough to understand what the show is saying. Are we supposed to agree with Bill that Hope is damaged for life? That's a pretty repulsive view.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually, that's the one thing I like about the triangle right now. We're not being told which side to choose. It's not being written in black and white anymore, it's gotten grey, which is far more interesting.

Funny thing is, I could give a damn who Liam ends up with yet I'm really enjoying the story now. The only reason I am rooting for Hope is because I want Steffy with Bill.

I know, I know, it's like Brooke & Thorne- it's probably not gonna happen again.

Just once, though, just once, I'd like to see a Don Diamont character end up with the character I want him to be with long-term, while the right actress is still playing the part!

• Members

I feel like we're being told to side with Steffy. She has a chorus of people talking about how awesome she is, and how she was in love with Liam and he betrayed her, while Hope is the hypocritical, pill-popping headcase who will be scarred for life because she's nuts and her mother is a whore.

• Members

I feel like the show is saying Hope/Liam just have no relationship in reality - she was unhappy as soon as they got together, and now he wants Steffy again.

I don't mind triangles where the show is clearly biased, if the story is worth it, but Bill kills this story for me. He is disturbing.

• Members

That she is, which is why I enjoy watching her a helluva lot more than the catty hags that are propped up as 'heroines' on the other soaps.

On another note, I also enjoy Dollar Bill as a character.

Not because he is hot or a compelling character, but because he is a sleazy piece of sh*t and knows it. Add the fact that the show doesn't try to pretend that Bill Spencer, Jr. is anything more and this is why I can enjoy him in all his smarmy glory.

Hmmm, maybe some of you are right about B&B being the best American daytime soap on the air.

• Members

They seem to be pretending his entire relationship with Steffy never existed.

I think one of the death knells of soaps has been having a lot of sleazy characters and then having some faint attempt at calling them out, then back to the usual sleaze. GH's Sonny, TSJ's Todd, Victor on Y&R, Greenlee on AMC. The idea is supposed to be that when they trampled over everybody, they were somehow more honest, or real.

I don't know what Bill is supposed to be but I don't think they intend for him to be a man who pimps out women and treats them like manure. Then again, considering Brad Bell's writing, maybe they do.

• Members

I used to think Steffy was the vixen and badass until this Liam nonsense. People complain about Hope being propped, Steffy has become the epitome of propping. Everyone thinks she's some terrible victim of Hopes and seems to treat her as such. I really don't get it.

Archived