Unpopular Opinions: 2012 Edition

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not sure if she got a lot of help from her father, in the long run.

I think she was OK in her first year or two on GH but when they made Emily into a Jason robot, the character just became unbelievably vile.

Apparently she hated a lot of her time at GH anyway, due to regretting her decision to spend her teen years acting.

• Members

I never understood her hate. I think she benefitted a lot when she started by who she worked with which was mostly longtime vets and seasoned actors and it helped her a lot. I also think she and JJ and she and SK snd SD had great chem.She was decent on Joan of Arcadia but she was also surrounded by good writing and a great cast. None of her other roles have been impressive.

• Members

She just said that she hated acting at that time, and she would always argue with her father about how she wanted to quit, but then when she had the chance to quit, she would back down at the last minute.

I do wonder if she would have stayed on GH if JFP hadn't come along.

• Members

I liked her and I am not ashamed to admit it. I thought she did far better work working with people like Leslie Charleson who I thought had great chemistry with her. Chad Brannon was a far better acting partner. But I'm sorry she got stuck working with one of the laziest and most lacking in chemistry actors for years and then got stuck with the second worse Maurice Bernard although I know many actresses brag about what a great mentor he is. When she came back she got stuck working with Tyler again who looked bored and disinterested for years.

• Members

Post hindsight I liked her a great deal as well. I used to trash her because I felt that she didn't have enough of a dramatic gravitas as an actress in her scenes. But looking back on it I really loved her storylines with Zander when she first came back and her departing storyline with Nikolas as ghost Emily. She enthused a warmth and tenderness that this show has lacked for years and it hurts to look back on it now, especially in light of the way she was killed off. I never got Nem but Emily was a character that needed to be here and I am deeply embittered that she isn't. A good portion of that factor stems to NL's portrayal of her.

• Members

True Emily, like Robin and to some degree Lucky, were characters we watched grow up during years when the show was written as a community where stories were interweaved. They all had ties to almost everyone from the mob to the Qs to the hospital to the Cassadines. Its a shame none of the three are on the canvas as GH approaches its 50th. I so miss in Emily in scenes with Jason, AJ, Ned- loved how they couldn't stand each other but they all ADORED her.

• Members

AT and JJ were cute and charming when they were kids and it was fun to watch them grow up. It was only when they were moved into more adult stories that they ceased being either cute or charming.

I never considered KMc to be either cute or charming. I disliked the character of Robin except for the brief time she was with Stone and very early on with Jason. Other than that, she was a controlling, judgmental and unlikable person.

Archived