GH: Discussion for the Month of November

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree all these kids bore me. Sure, this has been Sam's greatest wish for years, but for me that's the essence of the problem. I can hardly think of a more boring aspiration for a soap character, especially since Sam is far from the only one they've done this with. I liked her better as a con, but really, I don't care enough anymore to really get worked up about it. The days of adventure on GH are long over.

• Members

I have the same complaint when it comes to DOOL. People knock JER, people knock the new reboot with John and Marlena, but the intervening years was a neverending baby fest starring Sami. It was boring there and it is boring here. A soap needs exactly one kid. That kid can handle all the sickness and kidnapping stories. Once you have a second it becomes diminishing returns because all the second kid can do is everything the first kid already is doing. Plus, kids destroy the mothers as characters. Go back to Felicia. She had Maxie, ok, there was only Robin and BJ on the show and Robin was getting older and BJ was barely seen. Once Georgie came along suddenly Felicia was not allowed to have a story without saying "My girls" and every other character looking down on her for abandoning her kids. But what was she supposed to do? You can't take kids along with you when you go off to a story, so of course they have to be abandoned or else you can't star in a story. Then look at Alexis and Liz. Same exact thing. Alexis has not been Alexis in ten years, all she is is so and so's mother. Unfortunately, she has an army of so and sos to choose from. Liz is even worse. Not only does she have an army, she had them all within 3 minutes of each other. Then Carly, not only did she get multiple pregnancies, but we had to endure her false pregnancies. Robin can't star in a story unless Emma tags along to ruin it, and that leaves Sam as the one unshackled woman able to star in every story all the others can't star in, but not so old that she is too old to star in such stories. So the answer is to burden her with a baby too? Once that happens all she is is Liz II or Robin II. Liz and Robin are boring up the place enough with their kids as it is, and they don't need help doing a fine job of it.

Soaps took a giant step back somewhere along the way. Twenty years ago female characters were allowed to star in every story under the son, and if they did have kids like Anna Devane, they starred in stories and then came home to their kid. Now, all women are allowed to do on soaps is be brood mares, and their kids are the story. Kids are boring. They are just breathing, untalking props who should be seen at christmas so everyone can go to GH for party scenes. With so many characters on the show not yet teenagers and many of those not yet even 10, all Sam's kid will do is make GH even more one dimensional that it already is. GH would be far better off bringing on teenaged characters because at least they can star in stories.

God help Lulu and Maxie if the writers realize they are not currently pregnant. Olivia's pregnancy should be abandoned. It's not needed either.

• Members

Without her kids, Alexis would most likely already been off the show. This has nothing to do with her being a mother but rather the ageism thats going on at ABCD, GH in particular. She's played by an over 45 actress so her days were limited with or without kids.

And IDA that soaps need exactly one kid. Children are the future of soaps and its how family legacies continue on.

• Members

Maggie wub.png Tired, predictable debut but I LOVE that Actress!

Did anyone else stop and pause when mystery woman (Maggie) was cutting that newspaper about Lisa? "Telescopes on Earth showed that the light from the comet increased five fold in the aftermath of the collision at 10:52pm" LMAO laugh.png

This stones 'n rosary crap with Lucky and that old Irish woman is pathetic. SO BORING. OMG...NAP TIME.

SoapBoy: stank, tight bitch Monica was on Friday's show. Just thought you'd like to know ;-)

Loved GH ending this past week with Liz in Jason's arms icon1.gif

Archived