Y&R: Week of June 8, 2009

• Members

She can be today's version of what Christine was at her legal aid job. First step -- special guest star Shannon Tweed helps teach Sharon the ropes, literally. Shannon then "treats" Jeffrey to death, while special guest star Eden Riegel helps Chloe and Billy have a breakthrough.

I did think at one time they might go for Sharon/Daniel, because of the drama with Phyllis and with Cassie. I think they'd make a hot couple. Amber/Daniel aren't the greatest couple but even their early sex scenes were hot.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You are totally right, and I am not a fan of his', not at all.

Y&R is becoming like every other soap with these shallow storylines.

What I find interesting is that MAB loves to snub the crap perpetrated by her predecessessors. Olivia's fling with Brad was glossed over with no qualms, and the same goes for Brad's reliquary storyline [they occasionally mention Colleen's 'grandmother' (whenever TS has got to shoot a movie), but they make a point of not saying her name, we don't know whether it's Rebecca or Dina]. Does she honestly think that this cr@p is any better than the ones listed above and that she wants us to forget? I really want to know because this whole art storyline is ridicoulus.

• Members

:lol::lol: For once, total agreement! It kills me -- Heather Tom simmering in nothingness ACROSS THE HALL.

When Phyllis was gonna run upstairs at GCAC to fight for Nick, I wondered "Did you even shower"? When Jack was about to have his second quickie of the night with MJ, I thought "Dude...did you AT LEAST use a moist towlette?" It is all quite dirty and disgusting, actually.

And while I think Morrow can be quite attractive, he is currently being done so slimy, I also imagine he is odiferous.

Nah. I disagree. I like him with Amber. They do best, though, when they're apart and fighting to be together.

The art storyline is very, very worrisome. The foundation of it now is so shaky that even the most generous amongst us believing any of it. It has rendered Daniel stupid, Victoria careless... Not a good start.

PB played that mix of desire and fear quite nicely with MJ. That said, I don't actually think "sappy Jack" would be as insensitive to her feelings as he is being written. That is "old Jack" (Terry Lester's, which is what scarred Patty Jane in the first place), but it doesn't ring true the way he is treating her.

This is CE's shining hour...and Eileen is masterful in her victim role too. I totally feel for her...which I don't usually. But I'm getting more excited about Muhney.

It is not Passions. But I think since August 2008, there has been a recognition that there need to be MAJOR plot crescendos to keep the viewers coming. That is what we're seeing.

I actually think we're in a remarkably balanced era now...Bill Bell's characters (mostly in character), but with a lot more plot and momentum. We need a higher frequency of those character moments (conversations, mixing up characters who should be together -- like Nikki and her kids), but I think the balance is getting close to where it needs to be in the modern era.

Before that, she was the new Brooke Logan. (B&B)

I don't think she is either, but I think she is funny, cute, and she has the most personality of many of the younger actresses (e.g., Lily, Colleen, Jana, Victoria, Mac). She brings energy to her scenes.

:mellow::huh::o:rolleyes::angry:

• Members

On the topic of Nick being unattractive....

I agree those pics up there are FUG. I also think he's being styled this way these days because we're not supposed to root for him. Makeup supports story.

But Morrow has his moments, and he doesn't even have to be cleaned up to do it. Damn, I miss my heroic firefighter-Nick.

--

Topic switch. Michael Muhney was interviewed in the latest SOD, and I do like what he has to say about Adam:

On CE

Also

• Members

Oh, MarkH, you're such an optimistic viewer! Even Nelson Branco, who took forever to warm to CE, seems to lament the recast. It becomes an entirely different different story on a sub-textual, psychological & symbolic level with the recast. It is what it is. It'll be entertaining on some level I'm sure but it becomes a much more generic story. Perhaps it will read as a good version of whatever it is they're trying to do with Paul on ATWT, a man-child with confused daddy issues who refuses to grow up.

That was a great scene & moment. Intellectually we all know what motivates Phyllis but this was a great window into the pain & insecurity at her core.

• Members

Check out the signature. That was a great epi I always love JFE scripts it seems, wasn't she the one who wrote the Marge Narrative themed epi?

The greatest thing about the dialogue for me in Fri epi was how the characters just spoke and expressed themselves how I always imagined these characters would regularly speak under any circumstance and yet still be able to reveal much about their situations. It was regular people dialgue with complex happenings involved.

Archived