Y&R: Week of June 8, 2009

• Members

Mark, I agree. JM has a bad cocktail of loser going on right now. He is better in today's show. I actually bought him with Sharon. His scenes with Michelle were short but intense. But he was putting more of himselt into those scenes and it shows.

NuSummer is all sorts of awesome. What a cute, natural little girl. She interacts with everyone well while portraying genuine affection for her TV parents. I flove her jumping into Nick's arms while delightfully screaming "Daddy!". :)

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WORD to all of this..I just finished watching Monday's eppy and all I can say is the new guy is going to have to work his ass off to impress me...CE was a much better performer than it appears he gave himself credit for, his dissatisfaction doesn't read AT all...Monday once again proved why Nikki has to stay on this show. She's such an integral part of the foundation..and FINALLY a civil scene between Nikki/Jack..If MTS does stay I'd love for that friendship to be rebuilt.

MG and MS have awesome mother/son chemistry. Their scenes are few and far between lately, but I always love when they happen.

MJ is bat sh!t crazy and I absolutely love it.

I ignored the Shick scenes..It was like watching Lane...

• Members

It looked like on today's show the scene between Nick and Phyllis, that Nick had to keep his hands in his pockets to keep from grabbing Phyllis and laying a good liplock on her! Nick telling Phyllis that he still has feelings for her is very foreshadowing!

Also, pay real good attention to Sharon's face whenever Nick talks about Phyllis! The eyerolls and GMAFB looks are hilarious!

Love the MS and MG scenes from yesterday! they definately have a good relationship!

• Members

Well, I'm glad Phyllis caught onto Nick and told him coming home was a mistake. I hope she can keep her self-respect in tact and tell that pig where to shove it.

Who am I kidding? Phyllis will probably be his doormat again in a few weeks. She's probably use to the emotional abuse by now. :rolleyes:

• Members

It's just that certain time periods in a soap are darker than others. If we see nothing but darkness for the next YEAR, then I'd lend some credence to your statement. But just because we are in a dark "period" doesn't mean it's going to last forever. And some of the elements you cited I don't find ridiculous at all, MAB is simply trying to imitate Bill's style as best she can... consider these similarities with the past using the "ridiculous" elements you pointed out:

1: Back From The Dead- Kay being "dead" after the fire at the sanitarium, Victor in Kansas, etc..

2: Quad Flip-flopping - All I need to do is say LORIE, LANCE, LUCAS, LESLIE... OR TRACI, PATTY, DANNY, LAUREN.... or perhaps OLIVIA, DRU, MACLCOLM, NEIL

3: Cartoon kidnapping... Well, Chris Brooks being held hostage by Rose Deville with plans to be sold into white slavery in South America. WHITE SLAVERY?

4: Art Theft- Not much different thatn the Mob/Tony DiSalvo SL that Paul was involved with, except this SL seems to be pretty short term. It seems like it's startign and ending all within 3 weeks.

I don't why you seem to sh*t on everything this show does.

• Members

WTF kid of sloppy writing nonsense is that? Now, all of a sudden, we hear that this doctor threatened Skye and possibly sexually assaulted her? For the couple of episodes we saw her, neither Skye nor Adam implied ANYTHING of the sort happened. This is NOT good writing, guys. This is plot-driven crap that was created only for the sake of progressing an already ridiculous story.

And don't get me started on this horrible art story crap.

This show is just getting worse.

• Members

Ok I never was pregnant but don't a pregnant woman can feel the baby move after a while. How will they explain that Ashley doesn't feel the baby moving.

If the baby moved for Jack but didn't for Nick could that mean Jack is the father.

• Members

I'll admit I don't like the art story either.... but it seems to be VERY short term story, so I can handle that. I WILL agree about the skye/doctor thing. But I also don't believe in saying the writers or the show is bad because a show that generally very good and exciting to watch has a couple brain farts.

• Members

This show has been dark since last August when David Chow and Sabrina were murdered, that's almost a year.

See above.

Does all this ridiculousness have to occur at SAME TIME? Bell's show was never ALL dark, and though he used tons of ridiculous elements, he didn't force it on every storyline at one particular time.

If it were actually written intelligently and diversely, I wouldn't be. The state the show is in currently doesn't make me hopeful, it makes me very worried.

Archived