Y&R: Week of June 8, 2009

• Members

Actually, since you mentioned it.... Lorie/Lance/Lucas/Leslie, Kay's sanitarium SL, and the Chris brooks kidnapping DID happen all the same year, along with the Jill/Stuart Trachemotomy thing... which, IMO was a MASTERSTROKE, an episode I still remember like it was YESTERDAY (Along with most viewers who watched then) although I was 11 years old when it aired.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Or Billy.

I think they will all be the father at some point. Nick will be declared the father through a blood test, someone will take the baby and give it to Ashley (yeah...don't know how that will work but being implausible is not stopping the show these days) once returned, they will discover that Billy is actually the birth father because MJ messed with the test, but then Jack will step up to raise the Abbott heir with Sharon.

• Members

This was one of JM better days I could see more of an attempt to connect but man what a confused pathetic wishywashy mess the writing has made of Nick. "I still have feelings for you"- "it doesn't feel as bad now as it did earlier" uuuughhhh somebody stop the cheap dialogue within this near annoying story.

Finding the good in this episode I otherwise loved NIKKI and ADAM and ASHLEY today.

• Members

I actually LOVE the new Summer, at least she doens't sit there like a wet dishrag. And Alvin... the comment you made about Y&R being "Passions-lite" right now is really not a fair assessment at all. I realize passions is all you have to compare it to, being too young to remember the bulk of the shows from the 70's and early 80's. Actually this show is quite Edge Of Night right now, which isn't neccissarily a bad thing, I always thought if Edge Of Night had the production values and quality direction Y&R had, it would have lasted much longer.

• Members

It sure has been soaked in all the wrong kind of tales (or terribly done Y&R-style ones): awful couples & romance, no substantial, overwhelming corporate business stories, but lots of historigasms, overdone soap clichés etc. :)

• Members

Someone really needs to lace this soap into a tight corset: a vast armada of completely useless, screen-devouring, terrible characters (& actors) needs to be severely cut, stories which go on forever loosing impact and momentum need to be re-structured and even re-written and finally that Gargantuan writing team... Do I have to say it again? :)

• Members

The overall tone of this show needs to be revamped and diversified. MAB and Co-HW's are not the ones to do it, nor are they creative enough to pull that off. This show needs a visionary right now, or it may never get out of its black hole. So much could be easily fixed, but it's not being done...

• Members

And furthermore I fail to realise the logic of their reasoning. OK, Maria can earn tons of money head-writing this soap (as if she needed any more) — but that's short term. In the end, even the most loyal of fans will end up saturated and bored by what she is doing. Then why not bring someone talented and very good and keep her as a consultant or co-HW? She doesn't have to go away completely, not do I think that would be a good thing.

Archived