Y&R: Week of June 8, 2009

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Some Y&R thoughts:

Could it be that Vanessa Prentiss is still alive? Perhaps she and Cane were involved before he came to Genoa City. Lily and Vanessa fighting over "Ethan"

sounds perfect!

I can no longer watch JackPhyllisNickSharon. Boring and repetetive.

I read a spoiler about Devon that screams B&B.

Mark is the sweetest person here. I mean it. He is a real sweetheart. :) And this is a :) not a :lol: or a <_<

1979 sounds like a great soap year.

• Members

I really miss Kevin Schmidt in this slutastic quad storyline.

You got the missing moral basis in that character, Y&RWorldTurner.

:lol:

She should tie him up and throw him out the window of her suite... which is hopefully on the top floor. Victor ain't a cheapo.

• Members

Well, the 60 minute Y&R was only different from the 30 minute in that some characters were phased out, and other brought in, everything else stayed the same. And there's plenty more evidence than just 1979. Like Mark pointed out, the dark SL's continued into 1980 with Victor holding Michael Scott hostage in the basement of the ranch, and then Julia helping him escape, and losing her baby on the same staircase... then in 1981, you had the VERY creepy (And Melody Thomas' favorite) "Crazy Edward" SL, this neighbor of Nikki's who bcame obsessed with her, and sat around and talked to an urn of his mother's ashes all day, all culimnating with him setting their apartment building on fire after he tried to rape Nikki and she rebuffed him, throwing his mother's ashes all over him and bolting from the building. And we also had the Nick Reed SL during this period, where he tried again to sexually assault Nikki and she killed him (I think with a lamp over the head) . You can even carry it into 1984 with Eve Howard and the poisoning of Victor, Eve was VERY dark and creepy (Margret Mason was BRILLIANT) But going back even farther, 1975/76 had MANY dark SL's, not so criminal, but very depressing and psychologically disturbing. Jennifer Brooks cancer diagnosis, the AMAZING Bill Foster euthanasia SL, Kay and her driving Phillip off the cliff, and the twisted one was Leslie's mental breakdown, and her being in an institution where none of her family knew where she was, and was being abused by other patients, I still picture Janice Lynde with that unwashed hair struggling with another "patient" over an orange, cause everyone else stole the rest of her food, and was NOT going to let them get what little was left. I would cry over that. (But I was also only 7 at the time, and it was scary for me) So, I've made my points, and I'm going to try to get back to teh episode discussion. Whoever said Kevin Schmidt should feature more prominently in the Nick/Phyllis/Sharon SL is RIGHT ON, I agree totally.

• Members

None of MAB's stories even sound as good as these ones do! The only one that comes close was Kay/Marge, which is to this day her best and most Bill Bellesque story. Now THAT was Bill Bell--though, still, horribly rushed.

• Members

I still stick by my theory, even with the risk of being completly wrong. These three are taking turns in the driver's seat and this is mostly SH's take on things we are experiencing. I don't know it is just a difference from how the writing style and approach was from November to Feb and then a bit different from Feb to May and then now we have May til now, there are significant differences. Febuary /March seemed so Hogan-esque to me and presently I feel this is Hamner's style. Hogan has an aggressive way of hitting at character's compulsions in excess, the whole Sharon promiscuity and Phyllis' 'over the edge antics' among other things just screams him. Now we have the mystery/Goth angle with more plot driven approaches Hamner's signature

• Members

I miss Noah and cougheventhatlittleEdengirl,toocough.

Dude, those storyline summaries were amazing. If only I can see them now. I'd love to see an obsessed/stalker character on Y&R!! Throwing ashes all over his body? Jesus Christ!

Of course, that would require stronger pacing...

Archived