Y&R: Week of June 8, 2009

• Administrator

When the window broke I thought MJ threw a brick or something...but then they cut to the dead bird. LMAO!! That was awesome. MJ rules. MJ has another good scene at the end of tomorrow's US episode.

Care to give some specifics, Sylph? ;)

I disagree. I love the tone right now. I love the twisted darkness.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He said as bad as he felt "10 minutes ago". I took it it mean his reflection/confusion re: Phyllis. Maybe you meant that too, IDK.

If MTS leaves this show, I am going to scream. For me, it's not about needing, it's about wanting her on the show.

• Members

As a die-hard fan of The Edge of Night, I'd have to agree!!!! I actually didn't notice it at first until you pointed it out. Y&R is definitely not playing like the love/romance/everyday life type of soap that it's always been known for. Psycho villains (Adam, Mary Jane), criminal thugs, mystery (the art storyline AND Cane talking to someone with the face of a supposed dead man). EON was very much like this (although EON was still much darker).

• Members

Oh I stand corrected thank you. My point really is that each of these women get to listen to this man's sad story about how things are so messed up because he's in love with the other woman. With Phyllis it is "Sharon,Sharon,Sharon" with Sharon it's already "Phyllis Phyllis Phyllis" This is a tired beat. Now we're going to get a double dose Sharon to Jack as Nick to Phyllis, honestly between this and the holes in the Adam-Ashley story (the good thing here is I still enjoy certain scenes even with the idiocy of certain plot points),

the art story, the only interesting story arc left is MJ (they might mess this up), Chloe& Billy both together and seperate (have a feeling they will mess this up too, not really caring for Billy/Mac), Jill-Nina-Kay (of course theere are too many opportunities for them to mess this up)

• Members

For example, cut cr*ppy romances like Lily & Cane and the never-ending, freakazoid Nick/Sharon/Phyllis, fire horrible actors & useless characters (Khalil, Bloom, Sursok, McLure, Rikaart, Graziadei, Marcille... Stafford needs to take a break, but never gonna happen, right?)... No more art, no more killings-for-killings-sake (actually, make that no killings at all)... And so on.

But that's the thing: Y&R is not "twisted darkness". Some other show — yes, Y&R — not so much. Y&R is business intrugue, angst, lots of sophisticated sensuality... But no dark, creepy, schizoid stories.

• Members

The bird was a nice touch. Sylph, giving some specifics?? :lol: He never answered Vee's question.

I like the tone right now too. The only story that is awful is the painting/drawing forgery crap. Alvin has been so moody lately. :lol:

• Members

Oh please you have lost all credibility as a poster. I don't take your comments about soaps as gospel. You don't know squat about soaps. You just think you do.

Btw...I still have your PM... :lol:

• Members

Adam's blackmail is so pathetically weak, plot-driven, and stupid. I mean, WE SAW SYKE on-screen a year ago, there was never any letter or any hint of her being sexually assaulted or coerced by any Harvard doctor. I guess they figured that since they killed Skye a year ago, it would be OK.

This show. :rolleyes:

• Members

I wonder if tptb are thinking that they need to recast Victoria because I read that they want to hire Gina Tognoni for the role. Thou this is just a rumor.

Did anyone else want to hit Victoria when she went on about how she had to go undercover for principle or something like that?

I'm not an Amelie hater but to me she did sound tired, but that's just me.

I wish they would put JT back with the younger crowd.

Archived