Y&R: Week of June 8, 2009

• Members

This show NEEDS to stop the bed-hopping. It's seriously laughable at this point. Hugh Hefner doesn't even play this this. Please let Shick stay together for one solid year with no adultery. Put Jack in a triangle with MJ & Phyllis but then have him pick Phyllis so MJ has a reason to go batty.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Damn you, CE.

-For pulling me into this gaslighting story.

-For 110% selling me the chemistry you have with VB... and even YG.

-For making me still pant after you even when wearing a dress.

-For making me believe that some part of Adam truly does like Ashley and wouldn't intentionally harm her physically -- even though he has been plotting her road to da crazy for months.

-For getting me to wish, deep down, that he'll get away with it, even though he just caused Ashley TO LOSE HER BABY.

-For [!@#$%^&*] up this entire SL by upping and quitting.

• Members

Have they at all mentioned that Sharon, Nick, Phyllis, Billy, Chloe, Jack and MJ need to go to their nearest health clinic and get checked out for STDs? Stat?

And, no Shick-fans, I'm not suggesting they have AIDS. Just that all these people are engaging in extreemely high-risk activity without so much as a mention of a condom.

• Members

I am very intrigued with this actress. It's the best new character Y&R has introduced in years. But the strength isn't so much the character, but the woman playing her. Here performances are subtle and layered. She steals the scenes she's in with practically everyone on the canvas. I hope they keep her on for a while. I much prefer her to watching Adam gaslight Ashley (the production values are lousy).

• Members

It is awful. Awful. But Shick will not stay together...not even for a little while. There is no hope. Seriously. He never dealt with his grief, and now gave up his shrink with benefits. She walked out on her therapist. They are, right now, doomed. I agree that Shick is the endgame, but I still think that will happen in 2016 or whenever. Right now, this is not a couple that is going to make it...not even for a few weeks.

I think as the pregnancy advances, the bedhopping will stop. And yes, the total amount of unprotected sex and lack of showering/wiping between partners has now become hurl-worthy.

Agreed on every word, except the bolded part. It is amazing that I believe Adam didn't intend this outcome. And that after Jack's "read the stucco" part and Nick's surliness last week, I totally still am 'with' Adam in terms of his motivation. I believe his regret vis-a-vis Ashley.

But I cannot yet accept that Muhney won't just pick up seamlessly. I acknowledge that is rare (even PB and JW took AGES to grow into Jack and Jill, respectively...and they're great), but I can't judge till after Muhney's debut on 6/25.

You know, I agree...and thought that yesterday. Even if she is NOT Patty, Haiduk makes you feel her pain.

• Members

Often a headwriter will pen very critical scenes and have the script writer plug those scenes into their script. Ferri Esser may well have written the breakup, or if could have been MAB. More than likely, it's a marriage of the two, with input from the script editor.

• Members

Well, now on that one, many many many of us have an alternative perspective. Yours is valid and I welcome it, but I think some of us saw real artistry, both in some of the words, but also in how Stafford played them. The latter was probably the most important. Those 46 words really were good, IMO (not trying to convince anyone).

• Members

Stafford's performance was great, I'm not doubting that. However, the dialogue was bland and totally flat to me. Sometimes good acting can elevate dialogue, which was the case in those scenes in relation to Stafford. Morrow? Not so much...

Reading those scenes by itself? I'm not impressed.

• Members

Okay, I grant that. I haven't yet "read" the scenes (I often do)...so I can't judge them on the merits of the text. (I will admit, when I look at the scripts, I often don't get much out of them. It's when they are produced that they come alive...so I can buy what you're saying).

And, sadly, I'm on your Morrow bandwagon right now. I still think I understand why it is thus (a combination of acting and directing choices)...but I acknowledge that he just may not be trying because he is not feeling this story direction, and he doesn't like playing the d-bag.

In some ways, his not trying may be the equivalent of CE's quitting. A protest. Well, it is working, because I hate that man more than anything right now! :lol:

Archived