Y&R: Week of June 8, 2009

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, I forgot to mention that scene - AWESOME!!!! I loved that Jack, for a moment, wondered if he was dealing with a psycho... and then he just tossed all that aside just to get laid for the second time in one night - LOL!

• Members

Kinky demented (e.g., blindfolds and scissors) is different from dark and dreary.

Adam in a purple dress (with beard and biceps) and Mary Jane "running with scissors" makes it all so much more deliciously enjoyable.

That said, as I read what I have typed above, it sure sounds like it gives credence to Alvin's Y&R-as-Passions thesis :lol:

• Members

He'll never sell me on that. LOL! Like I said, if he threw at me Malone's second run on OLTL (Mitch Laurence's return/Music Box Killer/Tico Santi), then I might have a hard time arguing that comparison (both are incredibly dark, both had great casts in stories that seemed both misogynistic and plot-driven but were somehow elevated due to performances, both seemed gothic, and both had head writers much beloved by many fans, while a select few scream "It's not that good! Why can't you see that?!")

But he'll never convince me that present-day Y&R is anything close to Passions.

• Members

OK, it's Passions-lite, which isn't much better. ;)

I don't understand why every storyline has to take a dark direction. I don't understand why most women on this show have to see a man as the be all and end all of their existence. I don't understand all the ridiculous elements like back from the dead, injecting eyes with substances, and the constant quad flip-flopping. Also, we've just come off a cartoon kidnapping, a chipmunk vision story, and Daniel's art story is still eye rolling material. And now a potential convoluted as hell baby switch that makes no sense anyway given Ashley and Sharon's pregnancy timelines?

This show is taking ridiculous and over-used soap cliches a little too far and it's getting annoying and distracting from the reality the show is allegedly based on. Also, this show lacks morality these days. It feels like whatever heart this show had has been taken away and in its place, there's this black hole.

• Members

IMO, there was nothing wrong with Sharon. Just a clever twisted way of MAB to show just how manipulative she is and how she knows how to push Nick's buttons and get his attention!! I mean come on everyone was telling Nick that something was wrong w/Sharon and strange enough we did not get one scene of Doris with any of the other Newmans except Noah. Gosh I wonder why!!. It's that invisible leash she has Nick on, bring up Cassie and off we go...here kitty, kitty..oh crikey, wait a second, that's MJ's line! :lol: Now if she doesn't get what she is wishing and hoping for, then let's see if Kleptonymphomaniamnesiac - girl kicks in again and see if it will be real this time.

I don't even care who is the father of Sharon's baby, Nick, Jack, Billy, the bartender, bellboy......I just want to see the destruction she leaves behind and see if once AGAIN the writers have her come out smelling like a rose!! :rolleyes:

• Members

Daniel needs to get a brain fast. He and Jana should have called the police right away.

I think Adam was hoping to drive a wedge between Ashley and Victor, but he didn't want to hurt her physically. That's why he tried to catch her and was saying "what have I done".

Sharon and Nick were almost as bad as Lame today. I pray to god they will not be happy for long (together or not I don't care as long as I don't have to put up with that sappy crap). Jack doesn't even know that Sharon cheated on him for sure and he's having sex with two women in one night. So much for his rooting value. And then Phyllis shags Jack and then decides to fight for Nick. :blink:

• Members

It a dark & stormy night....! You know that's not the best way to begin a story.

I suppose the entire show was solid today but I was extremely patient to get the awesome scenes with Ashley/Adam/Nikki and Mary Jane. I even found Shick tedious in their afterglow in comparison. Och to the Daniel/Vicky art escapade. I think I saw this plot once on Scooby Doo.

I could hardly breathe while Nikki was banging on the door. I wanted her to help Ashley but I so wanted Adam to get away with it, too! The acting between ED & CE was exquisite. Adam is such a great liar. Even though I know that he was lying, I didn't blame Ashley one bit for believing him. His affection for her was palpable -- of course the poor crazy woman was confused. How could she fathom that someone who cares about her could do this to her? Such a great twisted story -- so well done.

Archived