Y&R: Week of June 8, 2009

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seriously, who is this character calling herself Victoria?

Victoria was never this simple. Amelia plays Victoria with this air of a naivety that I never got from Heather's Victoria. Even yesterday, when she figured out that the guy wasn't on the up and up and decided to call the FBI, it was a seemingly "smart" moment and yet I couldn't help think to myself "Victoria is stupid."

• Members

Where to start Mark. I'll explain without being too extreme, I don't like this "phase" (hopefully) of a plot driven hot mess the show is lingering in right now. I pick and choose to watch only when the show includes many elements that I like. This is a show with complicated, multi dimensional, unique beautiful characters. Whilst I feel the characters still have their earned layers that have developed over the years I feel as if for the purposes of plot I'm seeing the same beats for the characters in stories I even remotely like/liked (for the sake of plot only) played over and over until it is annoying, or there are stories I could care less about with characters I don't necessarily mind all that much at times but don't really care much for unless they are included in a compelling story. Right now I can only watch for those great character moments, performances, and the sparsely well played epi (here and there) tomorrow's show just seems like one of those shows that displays everything I'm hating right now about the show.

• Members

So (1) she can't let go of loved ones, and (2) she is capable of great violence toward loved ones. LETHAL combination. ("If I can't have you, nobody can"). This is very similar to the motivation that Jeffrey Dahmer used with his victims.

Hmmmm. I'm not sure I'm thrilled about that. But if Haiduk can keep me feeling for her...

It will be interesting to watch.

Archived