DAYS OF OUR LIVES Moves to Peacock From NBC on September 12

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

For as bad as things might have gotten for Days and even GH, I think they deserve more of a shot, then the Bell Soaps do....But as someone said, B&B is never gonna be booted off network TV because of Thudley and his protective international shield. 

I just can't believe after 70 plus year only two major Networks will be even airing soaps...

• Members

I actually think all soaps need to either cut back in episode count or all resort back to 30 minutes. This would result in the storytelling becoming tighter and fat being trimmed. 

Days might need to do both on Peacock and be 3 days a week with them being 30 minute episodes. That might make it last longer on Peacock.

• Members

I agree with what's been said. For DAYS to survive on Peacock, it needs to fire all the writers and switch to being at least PG-13. What they are producing for NBC broadcast just isn't good enough to go behind a pay wall. If they are forced to air what has been shot so far as is, they will be done. 

This is such a short sighted, stupid decision. They couldn't have waited a year,  or given the show and audience more of a heads-up? It's like canceling a show mid season and burning off the unaired episodes in the summer, except here they have 8 months of poor episodes to burn through online.

And when this idea inevitably fails, there'll no going back; there's no way to restore DAYS to the NBC schedule once these affiliates move on. The show is going to be canceled. Again, with the speed and lack of planning, this is a true bone headed decision.

Edited by Jdee43

• Members

Corday and Carlivati torpedoed Days and sealed its fate.

Ron laughing and blowing off fans who didn't like his writing and telling them to get over it because it wasn't real was really disgusting!

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I’m no fan of RC, but the fact that the struggling Peacock is relying on DAYS to help goose their subscriber numbers actually proves that what DAYS has been dishing out in the last year, in the streaming world, is strong enough to merit such a bold move. 

• Members

Yep it’s a hard reality about to hit us within the next month. And internationally of course Australia’s Neighbours sadly just ended as well after a 37 year run last week so US soaps aren’t the only ones in troubled times. 

Ron has a lot of love for these shows and for daytime, but he also has a lot of ego and a lot of bad impulses. He made this situation himself. He's not the first once-beloved HW to fall apart in daytime because of their own excess multiple times, but he just might be the last. He did it to himself. Nobody else did it to him.

• Members

But we're getting eight more months of the same garbage. Days needs to start from scratch. They need to fire a lot of people and bring in those that fans want to see. Gwen and Co. need to go now! Days will not make it on Peacock with what's on the air now. 

Ron Carlivati is an obnoxious SOB who only cares about himself that's why the soap is where it is. He doesn't listen to the fans of the show.

• Members

You are  a kinder person than I am - I don't think  he gives a damn about DAYS, as he didn't about OLTL. He cares about his ego. He may have had some type of affection for the soap genre, but that has never translated to his writing.

With that said, I don't blame him  for where DAYS is now. It's a miracle, and very hard work of the cast and  crew, that the show has lasted this long. This day was always coming.

Edited by DRW50