DAYS OF OUR LIVES Moves to Peacock From NBC on September 12

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Generally, once an hour has been given back to affiliates, that's it, and the hour doesn't go back to the network so DAYS is either going to succeed on Peacock or it's over.

The question is whether DAYS is sustainable on a daily basis, or whether this experiment might flop and whether DAYS will transition into something else rather than a daily show. Perhaps arcs, perhaps twice a week, perhaps once a week but run every week of the year.

• Members

The timeline and way this news was delivered is the surprise.  Moving them to Peacock was totally expected, just not quite like this.

I can only assume they have to renegotiate their contracts to film anything beyond their 8 months already taped.  I know their filming style has kept them financially viable, but if anything, more care is going to be needed and required to keep going.

And let’s get those classic episodes up to stream!  Please!

• Members

I totally agree with you. Even if disrupts continuity, they should wedge in an episode specifically shot to say goodbye to those network viewers who won't or can't follow the show to Peacock. Even if it's simply an episode where everyone is happy, like what Australia's Neighbours just did, where it's clear that life will go on, with the full theme music, that should be done. The network viewing audience deserves it. 

• Members

If they start charging Comcast people for premium they will lose some of them, as Comcast mentions in their bills how it is a part of the subscription and originally it was added when they dumped other movie stations. They eliminated NBCsportsNet and Olympic Channel too, so a lot less events are available on tv as it is. 

When it comes to getting rid of recurring younger performers I wonder if this situation was a way to cut the cast and save money. And Corday knew the possibility for some time.

• Members

OK the Ideal Effort would Be, either announcing it properly and it Getting to streaming On The Next Season or The Next Anniversary not saying that out of the blue and giving us 1 month to process this major change, second be smart and See What could be done to increase the audience before the change, get a group to avail the pre taped episodes see where the best opening would be to Retool the storylines, if peacock wants exclusivity give them the Axed Episodes as Alternative Days, them make the needed changes to accommodate it to streaming, and Fire the writing team if necessary if they can't do a proper job, It might've took time And Money but It sure would bring much money back to them too

• Members

Not to pour salt in the wounds, but it doesn't inspire confidence when one of the largest CBS affiliates wants to expand news rather than daytime programming

CBS to Expand AM News at LA Stations; KCAL to Air Local Morning News for First Time Ever

https://www.adweek.com/tvspy/cbs-to-expand-am-news-at-la-stations-kcal-to-air-local-morning-news-for-first-time-ever/242669/

Edited by j swift

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

I almost feel ashamed of saying that, but could a Generous soul be so kind that if they have access to these free episodes while they're still available and has any way of Downloading/Saving them be so good to let me have them too? I know most of you are saying the show is crap right now but I still would like to watch while I can, and since there's so little time left I'm just swallowing my pride here

Edited by Joseph

• Members

I’m currently 30 episodes behind on Days because I was so annoyed at the stupid killing of Abby. I’m gonna try my hardest to get caught up before the move to streaming. I currently get peacock for free with my Xfinity.

• Members

That they are going to make Days a premium program is what's going to kill it. Not enough will pay to see it.

I personally would definitely not pay to see any new episodes either. But if they were to upload their old episodes from 1965-1995, then they'd have a customer

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

My only problem with that is that it will probably cause a Witch hunt for any episodes from the time, I'll have to run if I want to save all I have access to and put them in my personal collection, Now doesn't seem so random for Ms. Goldie's channel to have been brought down! REALGOODTV is quite petty with episodes of The Doctors, a closed Facebook Group I'm part of recently had a few 1980 ones shared for members only to watch, apparently we had a spy...

Same with some Y&R channels lately

• Members

They should have announced it at upfronts when NBC and the other traditional networks, streaming channels, and cable had an afternoon or day to promote their programming. Waiting barely a month is crazy, as advertisers would have paid for time on Days on NBC not for local programming or a news show. if advertisers did know surprised it didn’t leak.