DAYS OF OUR LIVES Moves to Peacock From NBC on September 12

• Members

They’ll have to completely refocus if they want to be viable on premium.  As much as it pains me, they cannot have the vets headline.  While I thought OLTL 2.0 was, by far, the most modern soap I’ve ever seen, their vets like Blair and Tea were edgy and Viki, Clint, and Dorian were versatile.  Sappy caper stories with J&M and S&K will not work on subscription-based streaming where people are used to, well, not that.  They need a diverse, younger cast.  They did get it right in “Beyond Salem” (Chapter 1) featuring WilSon, Leo and Eli & Lani.  This does sound like the end… they need to start mapping out a just-in-case finale.

Please register in order to view this content

Crazy that $5.00 a month has changed everyone’s attitudes from cautiously optimistic to doomsday.  Lol

Edited by DynamiteKiddo

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yup and after I posted today that nothing was being done about Days and the news comes out.

Please register in order to view this content

The actor who played Andrew Donovan on Beyond Salem 2 said at the time they were filming BS2 the regular show was taping eight months ahead.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

In Los Angeles the NBC affiliate already announced that they're replacing Ellen with local news, From 5am to 2pm (Kelly Clarkson) and then 3-7 it will be 13 hours of news.  As a long time Angelno I can tell you not enough happens to support thirteen hours of news, unless they follow a car chase for an hour or two..

https://www.adweek.com/tvspy/knbc-adding-news-to-replace-ellen-airing-network-newscast-at-330/242334/#

Is this the news that @Errol teased a few months ago? Or is it just a coincidence?

Edited by j swift

• Members

The final NBC episode is Friday September 9. That's almost 15 years to the date that Days became NBC's only daytime drama (September 10, 2007). Days NBC run will total 56 years 305 days (November 8, 1965 to September 9, 2022). 

• Members

I'm pretty afraid of that, Only 4 soaps left and now one is being exiled to Streaming, I hope and will be praying it turns out to be an Experiment and if it doesn't work out, NBC will get it back on the schedule, It would also help if Fans would make some sound and boycott the substitute programs, I can only hope for that since they seem to have done that out of the blue

• Members

Same here. It be a shame to see it ultimately cancelled a year from now….hopefully Days can become a limited series or drop a batch of episodes once a month to binge watch, as streaming five days a week seems very improbable in the long week. 

Overall it’s unbelievable to me that one of the historical big 3 network’s is finally dropping soaps for good. I knew this almost happened to ABC a decade ago but still the end of an era for sure. At least Days still has  the last laugh over that shitty Jeff Zucker’s dire “prediction” back in 2007.