DAYS OF OUR LIVES Moves to Peacock From NBC on September 12

• Members

I mean... we kind of saw this coming after the two chapters of Beyond Salem, and using that as a testing ground. My only hope is that Sony Pictures Television steps aside and NBCUniversal comes into play, and will pour some money into the production value, because it looks like s**t, especially for a soon-to-be streaming-only series.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The PP soaps, though mismanaged and too far ahead of their time, had the advantage of being on what is still a major streamer with multiple things people want to watch: Hulu, which has only gained in prominence since with Disney. Peacock doesn't have enough other content to warrant that fee for enough people.

• Members

Not having DAYS available via the free tier on Peacock doesn't sound feasible to me. I'm sure people would watch the ads if they were available to watch the show. Though I wonder are they expecting more people to subscribe? And it also sounds like Canada might not have access to DAYS soon via people on Twitter. 

• Members

Yes:

Peacock, the streaming service of Comcast’s NBCUniversal, ended the second quarter with 13 million paid subscribers. This means that Peacock’s paid subscriber base, as of the end of June, stalled with zero growth.

Also, Comcast revealed that losses at Peacock widened to $467 million (EBITDA), from an adjusted EBITDA loss of $363 million in 2021.