DAYS OF OUR LIVES Moves to Peacock From NBC on September 12

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That’s my guess/fear. Things will get scaled back until it’s quietly cancelled altogether. 

we knew this would happen one day, but it seems too fast, especially considering the new fall season is just over a month away. Don’t local stations plan out their daytime schedule months in advance? Does this mean a bunch of NBC stations will have lame infomercials in their place? (Or just add another hour of local news) 

• Members

As much as I would love for soaps to continue five days a week daily year round on streaming, I think if they have a future there it will have to be seasonally-based, with blocks of episodes parceled out at a time. For me the ideal has always been (and I've been saying this for years) 6-8 weeks of daily half hour eps per season, take a break, come back and continue various long-running plot threads and storylines while closing out others with each arc. I think that's the future. It's something not totally dissimilar to what Linda Gottlieb experimented with at OLTL when she first started in '91, but it didn't work because of the nature of the daily medium on network at that time and because of the story choices.

Of course, if GH or DAYS could sustain themselves streaming daily I wouldn't complain.

• Members

Will it be free or will Days be on premium like Beyond Salem?

Of course this was the reason..

Days has been the least-watched of the four remaining network daytime dramas for years now, making it increasingly difficult for NBC execs to justify keeping the show around absent reduced license fees (which Sony has largely been able to deliver).

But it gets replaced by another cheap ripoff Today/GMA part 1 billion. These networks are clueless and lazy.