DAYS OF OUR LIVES Moves to Peacock From NBC on September 12

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's really giving them a no win scenario: Continue on if you can prop up our paid service which has yet to build its own subscriber base. If DAYS was on the free tier it could potentially work given a slashed cast and probably new format. But expecting daytime fans to shore up Peacock themselves for a show that frankly is not at its best is not going to happen.

GH would (and will, someday, hopefully, maybe) have a better shot at it on Hulu.

• Members

This is fascinating. I can't tell if it's more about giving Days one final shot, or that they want to grow Peacock and think Days will do it (even if they don't think it can anchor daytime television). I'm really curious to see what happens with the cast. Beyond Salem pulled big names, streaming might still be cooler than networks, maybe they can get some stronger characters/actors back. It definitely makes sense why stories seem mostly wrapped up, if they prepped for a transition. 

I tend to think it'd have been more fun to make it a podcast, since it's so low budget visually and soaps came from radio, while also giving characters social media accounts to try and get some attention on the show, outside those of us who have been hooked for years. 

• Members

Yes, that's how I watched it. Global also made the second Beyond Salem available on its Stack TV platform. 

That would be the lingering concern that Global will shift DAYS onto Stack TV...but the issue for Global is what they'd be able to air to fill the timeslot.