DAYS OF OUR LIVES Moves to Peacock From NBC on September 12

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not necessarily.

Global's W Network has aired the Beyond Salem episodes and the Canadian network Slice airs the Real Housewives Ultimate Girls Trip programs at the same time they premiere on Peacock.

Global may retain the Canadian rights to air it on network television. We'll have to wait and see because I doubt Global wants to slot in a new program at 1pm with only a month's notice and it won't air the NBC News programming due to Canadian content laws. 

• Members

They should absolutely work on adding the full back library. That would be a legitimate draw.

I know most people who come to boards like this will always treasure the idea of a five-day-a-week, 52-week-a-year soap opera, but I do think it's increasingly an obsolete form. That is not how people view things these days, and it's not helpful in winning a new or refreshed audience. I would be interested in them trying three days a week, or even better, as @Vee mentioned, 6-to-8-week arcs several times a year. There's an energy that comes from finales and premieres, especially these days, that I think daytime in general is lacking.