DAYS OF OUR LIVES Moves to Peacock From NBC on September 12

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

AFTER 14,830 WEEKDAYS ON NBC'S DAYTIME SCHEDULE, "DAYS" TO WRAP NBC RUN WITH 14,417 EPISODES...

Please register in order to view this content

"Days of Our Lives" will wrap its historic run on NBC having aired 14,417 episodes (plus 2 repeats) and having been preempted 411 times over the course of 2,966 weeks on NBC's daytime schedule. "Days" airs it last episode on NBC on Friday, September 9 before moving to Peacock on Monday, September 12.
Edited by JAS0N47

• Members

Side note: if our dreams came true and they uploaded the entire 57 year catalog of the series to stream, I wonder which eras/decades would have the most hits. I know I wouldn’t be interested in anything past 2002 aside from some hate-watching of the serial killer story of ‘03/04. I’d be all about the 80’s and 90’s. 

• Members

I know he has had to justify the musical guests during almost every season budget renewal, and also he has protected the show airing the way it does- live, with the cold open, weekend update as a centerpiece, musical guests, etc.  Also the way the show is run- from the writer’s night to final show, three weeks and a break.  So while I think the show would continue without him, minus the budgets and more network interference, I just don’t think we get a better show out of the tinkering.

My apologies for hijacking this thread with SNL talk- I’m as obsessed with the bts of SNL as I am with with soaps.

• Members

No worries

Please register in order to view this content

I’m the one who originally brought it up. My last comment on it - in this day and age of YouTube and viral clips, I absolutely think SNL could and should continue, with the right person(s) at the helm. 

• Members

I would miss the 90 minute format, but many other changes (like not needing Update every week or just having one musical performance a week, or even changing up the  writing schedule) I  really wouldn't be as sorry to see, to be honest...although whether we'd get another show, who knows.

As you said, this is better suited for the SNL thread.

• Members

Passions move to streaming years ago and began with 3 eppies/week, then 2.  Eventually, eppies just didn't air consistently until we were told it was canceled.  Direct TV gained many new accounts but the show didn't last very long after the move.  

• Members

Considering how bad Days has been I watch it on DVR that way I can fast forward what characters/stories I don't like and I can fast forward the commercials. Seeing Days live would be a big chore in its current state.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

One assumes they'll post early every morning like Beyond Salem, although the UK soaps recently experimented with posting the whole week of episodes every Monday

Call me when that guy gets either a digital marketing degree or spell-check.

These are the same types of doomsday predictions that people said when VCRs came to market. 

The truth is that we don't know how people will consume serialized drama as more people cut the cord. Passions and AMC/OLTL were a lifetime ago in the age of streaming and smart tv technology.   And, optimistically, given that streaming sponsorship relies on micro data of the audience, writers and creatives won't be beholden to keep trying to entice 18-35 year old viewers, if an older more dedicated audience continues to watch the show.

Edited by j swift