DAYS OF OUR LIVES Moves to Peacock From NBC on September 12

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Or Deidre as Her Old Character Barbara! It's so ironic to discuss it, considering I read I long article about If MTS ever left Y&R, Deidre would be a perfect recast Nikki, just last week 

Edited by Joseph

• Members

Right, but this isn't Star Trek, it's a soap. And the depth of stories a la the '60s through maybe the early '90s, was forever gone because of that "science fiction". Days started in the realm of reality. It should have STAYED there.

• Members

I almost did too, but with that article also had another one talking about Deidre's Original Y&R and how they could've worked on bringing her to the show as Barbara and reveal she was Katherine's Daughter, this one was old from like 2010 when Deidre and Drake were out of DOOL and Tucker wasn't established yet, I loved it and I'm sure it would have been what Bill Bell would do if he were alive at the time

• Members

Y&R is of course owned by Sony, so the transition would be easy, but I think Y&R doesn't know how to write for a mature woman anymore. Susan Walters is already doing Herculean work carrying the show on her back at the moment. 

It would be wonderful to see LK's Margo with DD's Bill. Once a Spencer, always a Spencer. Whether lovers or allies or rivals...or all of the above. A woman of her experience is what B&B has been sorely lacking for nearly a decade. 

I agree with you and I hope that comes to pass...but when it comes to DAYS they often make the wrong choice. 

The more that I think of this move to Peacock, the more the phrase 'soft cancellation' comes to mind. DAYS, as we know it, is over in a month. Once the 2023 contract extension concludes, the show will either end, having served its 'purpose' of driving up subscribers or not. The intellectual property may be repurposed into telenovelas or 'arc' based storytelling formats that will pop up a few times a year...but the daily daytime drama has likely entered its sunset in Salem. 

• Members

DOOL is filmed into January 2023 as of the end of July 2022. So The episodes that begin airing on Peacock in September were filmed back in March 2022. If Days is still filming, Peacock will have over 5 months of episodes banked. 

Now what happens when thise run out, we could see cast cuts etc

• Members

Yeah, the contract is still the current one that applies to broadcast, so presumably, any changes to the cast and format wouldn't be affected until a year from now (if they order more beyond the current order). Of course, we don't know how long they've known they're moving.

• Members

Not Disagreeing with that either, I myself long wanted DOOL to go back to human drama, if I had the chance to write for that show that would've been my first move, some SF doesn't hart much but Ron made it being solely That! This Is a soap as you said! Not Stranger Things!

• Members

Even after the episodes that have been already taped air, they still probably have a lot of scripts already written.  Those scripts are already paid for and with their budget, they’re unlikely to scrap or even revise them.  We won’t get Peacock content for forever.