DAYS OF OUR LIVES Moves to Peacock From NBC on September 12

• Members

Sorry to hear about Neighbours...I've never really tried to get into any of the international soaps though, even though people say that are better then anything we've had in the US the past 20 years or so...

I doubt any streaming app, really gives a damn about CBS soaps, or else they would have tried to save ATWT and GL when they cancelled. 

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

LOL. I didn’t watch much of OLTL at all but I clearly remember his meteoric rise and fall seemed to run parallel with MAB at Y&R. In 2008 there was widespread praise for both Y&R and OLTL; IN 2009 everyone seemed to be in agreement they were the two worst soaps on the air. And I clearly remember Carl your rants against him back then, it wasn’t til I have seen his Days work that know I understand and see why the hatred of him much much better.

Never saw his GH work but I remember there was a massive celebration on this board when he was fired lol. 

• Members

GL and ATWT ended before streaming really took off, amazing how much has changed in the last 13-12 years. I know PlutoTV Soaps has been running for almost a year now but they’re only airing 2018-21 Y&R and B&B reruns. Who the hell wants to watch the last 3 years of either show?

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Also Without Days, The Daytime Emmys will be a bigger Joke than ever!

Good or bad that show has some talents, let's face it the decay of The Soap Genre is a consequence of the Shrinking Competition and Budget, the less competition the less effort, that's why soaps have increasingly made less effort to be good entertainment, and Turning itself into the Joke it has long been said to be

• Webmaster

Hearing more and more about how shocked everyone is about the news, hence the near radio silence. Right now I'm told things will remain status quo but to expect announcements on changes in the next 2-3 weeks as we get closer to the shift. Things are still being worked out behind the scenes despite NBC's shock announcement.

Days of our Lives will remain eligible for Daytime Emmys in all categories despite the move to Peacock.

As an aside, now I know why Peacock advertises on SON so much even though I myself don't use the service often. Last time I watched anything on it (and not on my computer to be clear) was several months ago when I wanted to see what happened on Manifest.

Excellent analysis. I think you're spot-on. It's going to be interesting to see what comes out in the days and weeks ahead. Will they halt production? Will contracts be suspended again? Time will tell. I wonder how long it's been in the works. To use a famous political quote, who knew what and when did they know it.

• Members

The only change i want is NBC aborting the whole thing!

Please register in order to view this content

+1

THAT [!@#$%^&*] IS GETTING ON MY NERVES, WHY I'M GETTING THAT TOO IF I LEAVE HALF A CONTINENT AWAY?

• Members

I'm confused by this comment because I first found out about it on Brandon Beemer's insta-story and Eric Martsolf also published a story.  Both linked to Variety in their posts.

I guess it wasn't a response, just a post, but they both posted earlier today.

Edited by j swift