DAYS OF OUR LIVES Moves to Peacock From NBC on September 12

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Or at most the Last Decade, I still think that if they wanted Money and Increase Peacock Subscribers all they had to do was uploading Classic Days of Our Lives Episodes 1965 - 2005 seems to raise a lot of interest, Or Episodes of The Past Soaps, Instead to save a few Pennys they're basically condemning Days 

• Members

I watched Days on and off over the years. But was a AMC and OLTL viewer for decades. Good bye DAYS. I hope it does well on Peacock premium but I am not going to pay more to watch it. Not when I already have Prime, Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu and Disney+.  What I see happening is DAYS will end its run in 2023 on Peacock premium. If Days was on basic Peacock I would be more confident on its longevity. This was a business decision. Nearly 7 to 8 months of Days episodes for the 2022 to 2023 season have been filmed. The remaining costs are already budgeted for.  As for old episodes, SONY owns Days and Peacock would have to pay for those episodes and I do not think it will happen purely from a business/financial perspective.

• Members

I'll be genuinely -- and pleasantly -- shocked if we get anything resembling a full archive of classic episodes available on Peacock. Even highlights from each year would be something, but I'm dubious, especially on such short notice.

• Members

While we'd all like to see it succeed, it doesn't really make much sense to think a show that barely attracts 1.5 million daily viewers when it's completely free is somehow going to exponentially increase "paid subscriptions" to a streaming platform.   If people ain't watching for free, they're not apt to pay for the privilege.   

(Y&R's "library" is merely the current season.  You can view the past five episodes free on the CBS site, but if you'd like to watch anything else from September 2021 till now, you have to subscribe.)  

• Members

what actually happened was that shortly after sft and lol premiered, irna approached pgp about moving tgl to television. according to her unfinished memoir, ‘all my worlds,’ head of pgp production, william craig rejected her idea, saying that only a serial created for television would succeed.

so irna and ted corday adapted two tgl scripts, and irna paid for the pilot out of her own pocket. the fact that the show would be available on both radio and television was a big part of why pgp agreed. 

Edited by wonderwoman1951