DAYS OF OUR LIVES Moves to Peacock From NBC on September 12

• Members

The problem is most of the older viewers who would use a streaming service are probably not who would be sitting through a soap, especially not one that is as poor as DAYS has been in recent years. I hope they make it work but this feels like a death sentence to me.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

By this time next year GH will be exclusively on Hulu... It would make common sense to air classic episodes of all the canceled soaps on streaming apps. The subscribers would go through the roof. I would love to see Gillian Spencer as Viki on One Life To Live before Erika Slezak joined the show. But the networks are too cheap to pay residuals and licensing fees for music.

• Members

I agree from the perspective that there may not be a big marketing push, given that most entertainment talk shows will be on hiatus in August, to inform current viewers of the switch.

I always use the example that Y&R switched time slots in LA over a decade ago, and I no longer know what time it airs.  It is hard to break old habits.

Edited by j swift

• Members

The PAINFUL Truth, I really wanted to Days To Survive until 2026, as I Hope GH will at least reach it's 60th Anniversary, I'll seriously try to see how I could get myself to influence the producers into doing a decent Anniversary next year, it's a Milestone Budget should be easier to justify than usual

• Members

With individual streamers existing now for major companies, Netflix and Hulu may have issues as they lose back catalog. Hulu may also be in trouble with NBC pulling their shows to Peacock and Disney+ added some shows that are more graphic than GH, so it isn’t the destination that it once was. The European equivalent has everything both Family Friendly and not on Hulu and Disney Plus too, so it goes back to contracts. It may be a known brand, but it may be less for streaming network shows and if there are not enough originals people may unsubscribe if all they use it for is time shifting shows that are now on other streaming sites. 

getting back to Days since the show is streaming only in the US thankfully Canadians can still watch, they should start making the format more palatable for online viewing. There is no need to flashback to something that happened a day or week before typically unless they are giving new information. With how far ahead they are we probably won’t get changes for a long time which makes it more annoying.

I do wonder if Days and Peacock will provide help to set up the app, as it is not available on all smarttvs, and if you only have a phone watching something longer is a pain. So they should team with Roku or something….

• Members

I personally would watch the Bill Bell years to pinpoint elements he later used on Y&R/B&B and also to see the actors/actresses he later cast on Y&R/B&B

My guess is that most Days fans would watch 1983-1998 as those 15 years encompassed the supercouple era and Reilly's sci-fi era.

• Members

That sounds more soapier and compelling that anything currently airing on JG’s Y&R.

Someone mentioned Peacock’s woes, yikes I didn’t realize it was this bad. Typical of NBCU though:

https://www.avclub.com/peacock-added-no-new-paid-subscribers-q2-2022-1849345829

LOL I was wondering  what his response was going to be. 

Edited by soapfan770