DAYS Spinoff: Beyond Salem Discussion Thread

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

She left at the start of season 9 in 1988.

With that said, she still did a lot of prime time appearances at that time (with her role as Pacey's teacher on Dawson's Creek in 1998), so who knows if she was ready to go back to daytime at the time so they'd probably have to recast if they wanted Anna to appear? So it's a bit of a double-edged sword.

• Members

Leann worked pretty steadily during the early 90's on tv with guest spots and movies and then obviously was on Dawson's Creek in 1998.  I would assume it was her choice not to return, but maybe the show felt it didn't need Anna.   With Tony/Kristen and Marlena as a de facto mother to Carrie it's possible JER thought she wasn't necessary.   I don't agree.   Aside from the Carrie drama, she could have fit into the Tony/Kristen/John/Marlena stuff or mixed it up with WN's Roman.  It also would have been nice to have someone 100% on Carrie's side because Marlena and John were still somewhat sympathetic to Sami understandably.  

ETA: @te.and I had the same thoughts at the same time lol

Edited by carolineg

• Administrator

Overall, I didn't enjoy the show that much.  The main plot of jewels didn't interest me at all, and in the end the peacock turned out to be a weapon of mass destruction?  Okay.  The action scenes weren't very good, but that's not surprising.   I was nice to see Eileen back but she was wasted.

Best part of the show for me was Leo because of his humour/outrageousness/jokes, and his scenes with Chad. Chad being so uncomfortable was funny. Tinker was a big upgrade.  I had no idea he was this good.  Maybe because he didn't get to do too much at Y&R.  If they bring Sonny to the main show, hope it's Tinker.  Worst part of the show were the Miami crew.  It was just basically Paulina talking about her celebrity friends. 

After watching the first episode, I thought by the end of the series, everyone was going to come together to one location for a dramatic event.   If they do Beyond Salem again, that is my hope for the next story. 

• Members

Isn't this like the second or third time they actually ever has scenes together? I know when Anna was on in the 80's, the Carrie was played by the actress who was Kimmy Gibbler. Omg, just thinking Anna during the JER era, her and Kate teaming up and Anna working with Celeste. Would have been great!

• Members

I think you are right. It always felt like when Anna was returning, Carrie was leaving and vice versa. So I would say this is at least the third or fourth time they actually had scenes together as well. 

Great minds...

Please register in order to view this content

Thank you. I figured.