DAYS Spinoff: Beyond Salem Discussion Thread

• Members

EPISODE 1

In a word...WOW.

I was a regular viewer of DAYS (and MELROSE PLACE so I like that jazzy opening btw) in the late 90s right up until I would say JER's second run. From there it was on and off ever since. And so far this screams 90s vibe to me with more of the modern elements of the show mixed in.

I like while the main plot looks like it will the search for the jewels...oh, look DAYS 80 element...there are little plots going on. And I love those because they are touching on so much history. I know...unpopular opinion but I like Princess Gina, Carrie's relationship with Rafe, even Ben's serial killer history. 

Yeah, Lisa Rinna nailed it from scene 1. I will give her that credit. Oh, Billie, Billie, Billie. 

I stopped watching again as Ben and Ciara started. I had hoped that RC would do a decent job at redeeming Ben, but reading the threads here, it seems that all he did was prop Ben rather than write a redemption story so seeing their scenes in that light did nothing for me though I like RSW and VK's scene...though I miss edge Ciara. You know...Bo's daughter. 

I love Carrie. I love Anna. And I live for the moments when they get scenes together. And AP has aged well and did great as Austin.

It goes without saying that I loved Wilson/Chad. And yes, they all looked yummy but we all know which one I like.

Please register in order to view this content

And I have not been watching so I have to ask...so did Chad sleep with Gwen after all when he thought Abby and Jake might be doing something. I had assumed that Gwen made him THINK they slept together. 

I like seeing Eli and Lani happy. Nuff said. And Paulina is a hoot.

And you can't go wrong with John and Marlena...who I LOVED in the late 90s. 

So far, so good.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I had assumed the same so I was actually surprised to find a scene between Christie's Carrie and Anna during Marlena's 1986 coma. In the scene Anna persuades Carrie (who was still wary of RoJohn at this point) to stay with RoJohn to help out with the twins.

• Members

Yeah she began and acted through the RoJohn/Marlena coma stuff.  Andrea Barber was mostly just cute and Christie did the more heavy stuff in the Carrie story.  I think Wiki tends to say she started as a teen Carrie and she was about 12 or 13 but she wasn't a soap teen per se yet.