DAYS Spinoff: Beyond Salem Discussion Thread

• Members

LOL, exactly.

And I love the "we talk trash" dude has a superiority complex that he thinks makes him better than us because he talks trash? Um ... LMAO

How sad to base your life around what folks post on a message board and then talk about them on another board all the while trying to post on that said board you claim to hate and talk about.

But hey if he and others want to waste their energy on us? I'm glad we all have space in your brains I suppose. I just don't get it. But I see what the person is trying to do.

I mean, we really aren't that interesting LOL. Definitely won't be wasting my breath further on said poster lol. 

Edited by KMan101

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, I mean, I get it - he's only human and while recasts happen all the time on soaps it's not like feelings are always logical. I'd probably feel pretty "hurt" (or whatever too) - I'd never ever show it though, especially if I had said that I was done with DAYS and acting in general.

• Members

It is perfectly possible that Freddie is both OK broadly speaking and may have, consciously or not, pangs of jealousy. 

That video certainly didn't come off as him being totally at peace with it: there is nothing that says "I am not fine" like a "I am fine, I swear" video that is full of subtle jabs at the show.

Let me compare it with a situation one may have experienced: you break up with someone because it is not working anymore. Does this mean that when you later see that person dating a really hot guy/girl and being very happy, you don't have some moments of jealousy even if you have no interest in dating your ex again?
It is pretty human.

• Members

As for Freddie, On some level, I do get it. Being in the role for nearly 10 years and find out you can be easily replaced and most people don't miss you, probably is hard, but a lot of it is Freddie's own fault. His last 3-4 years he didn't look like he wanted to be there. He turned them down to do this, in an industry where recasts happen all the time. His video where he gave his blessing to Zach and wished him good luck should have been his last one. Doing his "review" was a mistake. I also see he has some video Q&A with Chandler scheduled for October,  I feel like that's going to be a mistake also.  I know it's for charity, but that to me still comes across as shady. You can't claim your done with acting, DAYS and give your recast your blessing, only then to try and still hang around like a bad smell. 

• Members

It does seem like he can't let go even though he chose to move on (I do sometimes wonder if his wife pushed the move and focus on YouTube, but I'm just surmising). Although a part of me wonders if he doesn't want to seem 'disrespectful' and not participate in DAYS related things (especially for charity but like you said it just feels like he's clinging). It has to be a weird situation, because it reads like one lol. 

• Members

If you ask me, Freddie probably spent all this time telling himself that he was moving past Days and Sonny, but after seeing Zach Tinker, he realized that, deep down, he wasn't. 

I really do feel bad for him. 

Yeah. 

I hate to say it, but something always did seem a little off with her lol 

• Members

She seems nice enough but I agree, there's something off with her. Glad I'm not alone in thinking that.

I feel bad for him too and agree with you. I think he sees a missed opportunity, which it was. And now there's likely no way they don't go with Tinker, so yeah, it has to sting. But I can see why he gets ridiculed a bit. He opens himself up to it, really lol.