DAYS Spinoff: Beyond Salem Discussion Thread

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah I found those episodes earlier this morning as well, some musical segments have unfortunately been muted by Youtube but all in all exceptional quality. I binge watched all five.

I really did enjoy this caper, in particular I thought the references to Days' history were really well done.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

It still feels so unreal (and yet so heartwarming) to see Anna and Carrie’s mother/daughter relationship on screen - Leann Hunley should really have been a presence on DOOL during the 90s when Carrie was part of some major plots. She and Christie Clark work so naturally together!

On a Days Facebook group. I belong too. All the Karen's are appalled by the gay stuff.  Mind you these are the same people. Who had no idea how to make an account on Peacock. Even after other members kept repeatedly explaining  how to do one. 

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

The gay stuff was the best part. I can't stop rewatching their scenes. I just adore Greg Rikaart. I've never watched Y&R but I can't imagine watching him play a straight man. Sounds boring lol. He plays Queen Leo to the hilt and I love it.

Zach Tinker looked so cute yesterday. "Patiently" waiting to hear that the main show is scooping him up and bringing Will and Sonny back.

I thought Chandler made the most attractive woman

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

See this is why I'd rather Will and Sonny have their own spin-off on peacock. That way all the clutched pearls will realize this is a Will and Sonny soap with their friends featured and not featuring the same boring drivel.

The main show will not write for them because of the clutched pearls.

• Members

My biggest takeaway from this is that Peacock would be smart to commission a real spin off for Will and Sonny. I would create it with the intention of being a standalone spin off, not limited series and give them like 10 episodes with a budget to allow them a more primetime look. I think that would be a big success for them. 

• Members

I totally agree. It's also very odd how Leann and Christie had scenes together when Christie first started back in 1986 and then nothing for over 30 years. Anna should have been around not only for Carrie's troubles with Sami but for the Tony and Kristen stuff too (Later retconned as Andre and Kristen).

• Members

I would be here for that. Bring on Alex Kiriakis and perhaps Sonny's twin brothers, and round the cast with Will and Sonny's hetero and LGBTQIA friends. A local bar they can frequent. Make it Queer As Folk/ The L Word/Melrose Place esque. Make it free via ads.