DAYS Spinoff: Beyond Salem Discussion Thread

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Let's throw in all the gaggle of gays. 

Brant Daughtery who played Brian. 

Jesse Kristofferson that played Neil. Will's first gay kiss. 

Tyler Seller who played Brent, Sonny's old climbing buddy that tried to lure Sonny away from Will. 

The gay male stripper dude from Paul's stag night that was confused why Paul would ever want to marry someone as boring as pre-Zach, Sonny. 

Edited by wingwalker

• Members

Rinna played Rinna in the beginning to me, but I saw Billie as the show continued on. I wish Chelsea had a mention during the interaction with Ciara. 

Kristen should have been in the finale revealing Sarah whereabouts to lead to a story for “regular” days ,or a season 2, or maybe even in Nashville or somewhere with a new warehouse with new initials. 

overall Beyond was better than current days ( aside from wtf going on with Brent Douglas)

• Members

I don't think they wanted to tie in this too closely with what's currently happening on DAYS since they don't know how much of the audience will bother watching Beyond Salem. Plus, I think the way to go forward with BS is not necessarily to follow this group of characters into another season - I quite like the idea of exploring various off screen characters' lives in future installments.

• Members

After watching all 5 episodes and than re-watching them, i truly think this should become a spinoff. Do it like they do with other peacock or Netflix shows. Each season, consist of 13 episodes and focus on certain characters. Than can bring back people like Billie, Carrie, Will, etc and other former cast members. They seem to get away with more stuff than on the regular show. Daytime is general has become stale and they don't seem to be taking risks like they did in the 90's or up to the early 00's.

Each season, focus on a certain main storyline and have a whole bunch of current and former cast members be in different seasons.

• Members

Episode One: 7.5/10

• The classic hour-glass opening with updated graphics? Amazing. If only we could get that opening as the actual Days of Our Lives opener, because it rocked!
  • The stock footage, in comparison to the on-set footage, feels out-of-place, but I can appreciate the effort put into it.
  • The post-production value of Beyond Salem supersedes the post-production of Days of Our Lives. Can NBC put some $$ into post-producing the main serial?
  • The re-purposed DiMera set with the Beyond Salem post-production proves how much better the set could actually look. Though, Paulina has THIS in Miami, yet a recycled apartment in Salem...? That does not add up.
  • Charlie's old apartment looks AMAZING for Sonny & Will... and Zach Tinker is great as Sonny! This recast needs to be permanent.
  • Austin & Carrie's apartment is laughable... a ship-like door from the living room to what I assume is that kitchen? Is it a refurbished from the apartment Abigail & Chad lived in during their own mini-series?
  • What is this sex theme? Cheap AF! I mean... the music fits with it being more of a limited-run mystery.
  • "Our budget isn't what it used to be." Shade made, whether intentional or not.
  • The name drops being dropped by Paulina are a bit... unrealistic, if you ask me.
  • Making Tinker's Sonny more casually laid back makes sense, and is a nice switch for the suit-wearing Sonny that Freddie Smith portrayed in his final years in the role.
  • Chad has a "big tip" for Will, huh? Looks like Ron Carlivati is really using the streaming platform to his advantage.
  • LEO STARK HAS ARRIVED!
  • Thankfully, the outdoor scenes look better than the 2015/2016 green-looking bullsh!t we were subjected to during Days of Our Lives' 50th anniversary.

Episode 2: 7/10

• I'm sorry, but it took everyone at that restaurant far too long to realize what was happening.
  • "If you have a price range, then you can't afford it." haha.
  • Can Peter Porte bring Kyle Graham and a recast Billie Reed (with Gina Tognoni) to Salem...? Please...?
  • Tinker understood the assignment and SHOWED UP as Sonny, and ATE the material!
  • "Will only wants me for my peacock." Lawd.
  • If these two guys kill Paulina I wouldn't be upset. But why did NO ONE do something, like running away? They all stood there.
  • Flaversham? WTF kind of name is that? LOL! Only daytime could have these names.
  • Ben & Ciara working for the ISA? Bleh. Let me pass [out].
  • Chaddy-Daddy being dominate with Leo is such a turn on.

Episode 3: 8/10

• Loving the steamier sets... but still no nudity? Kind of disappointing.
  • Seeing Abe & Shane reuniting is kind of awesome.
  • Three men? In a shower? Also.. missing the chance to see some backsides through a shower door or two!
  • SISTER MARY! Incredible. And holding a ruler? Iconic.
  • Referencing The Real Housewives? Hmm.. not sure how I feel about it. And product-placing Lisa Rinna's beauty line? Nah.
  • Leo is all of us stanning CHASS!
  • KRISTEN FRIGGIN' DIMERA!!!! ICONIC!!! Eileen Davidson looks fire!!!!

Please register in order to view this content

Episode 4: 9/10

• As much as Leo is enjoyable... he's also a major creep and predator.
  • Miles & Sophie! Stupid last name... but love seeing Scott Bailey & Adrienne Frantz, respectively. Frantz's voice is nice in that posh tone.
  • A sex party, huh? Interesant!
  • Did Davidson & Porte ever interact when they were both on The Young and the Restless?
  • Frantz is LIVING her fantasy in this role, isn't she?
  • This club is sad... especially if it's the most happening.
  • Billy Flynn, Chandler Massey and Tinker are LIVING for this. Flynn studied. Yes he did.

Episode 5: 9/100

• Two Shanes at once? Hmm.. what is this?
  • Leo is taking it a bit too far if you ask me... though, seeing Flynn in his underwear is everything.
  • Drew Donovan? Insane. Decent use of history.
  • How TF are all of these people, relative or otherwise, OK with Ciara being married to the necktie killer? Like, c'mon now, and they've never popped up until now.
  • How TF are people traveling faster on Beyond Salem than they do on Days of Our Lives?
  • Oh. This plot twist is great.... campy but great! If this is what we could potentially get on Days of Our Lives, let's move it from NBC to Peacock!

• Members

I've said it before, but I do hope that some of the money spent on Beyond Salem will benefit DAYS in some way - at least the refreshed sets should come to some use on the main show. But if it does we won't be seeing that until January 2022, because DAYS.