DAYS Spinoff: Beyond Salem Discussion Thread

• Members

Stacy is good.  Her Kristen is just so weepy. Kristen works best as a snarky villian and Stacy's Kristen lost all that spark.

The ending of the show was so OTT and campy, but it worked perfectly for Days.   It was a great use of the Switzerland and Phoenix characters.  They honestly could have dropped the Miami stuff and maybe the Cin stuff but I understand why they included those characters. 

Carrie/Austin, Tanna, and Wilson should be on the main show.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I haven't watched the last episode yet. It's great to hear Sonny and Will are on the last episode. There needs to be another season of Beyond Salem soon. 

The main show doesn't hold up well against the spin-off.

Let's hope this is not the last time we see Will and Sonny.

• Members

It was pretty obviously intended to get a ratings boost by including another recognizable name in ED (and do that Real Housewives scene with Rinna) but why not?

I personally think it is fine for actors to be included for small periods of time and then be not written for when they have other projects. That kind of flexibility allows for characters/actors to feel they don't have to "exit" if they want to do other things and it keeps a broad tapestry of characters on the show for the writers to play with so they don't feel like they have to write for characters even when they are not inspired.
I mean backburner is a thing already but I think they should be comfortable taking it a step further and be OK with having more people on standby that they shadowburner when not needed.
Some British soaps do that: they keep a lot of people around with a huge cast of character but you might not see some of them for six months while they are off on other projects and the character is just mentioned as being busy or whatever and can be brought back in an instant when available/needed for a story.

• Members

Same. I haven't seen the last episode yet but I haven't cared about Will and especially Sonny in years and right now I'm all about them. I haven't been too interested in Chad either and he's giving me life right now. I need WilSon on the main show ASAP and in a story with Chad. 

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

There was no real point except to make me realize how much I miss Eileen's Kristen lol.   I thought she might be tied to the ending somehow, but I guess not.   It definitely was a rating grab and I wish she had scenes with Jarlena.

Anyway, I am not sure how much they could do with Kristen since Stacy's Kristen will be back on the main show at some point I assume.

I loved Billy Flynn again today.

• Members

I slept in today. I had been getting up at 5:00 a.m.without an alarm clock all week just to watch it.  That's dedication to Chandler Massey.

Please register in order to view this content

I'm going to watch it at 1:00 p.m. my time. That's the same time they show the main show here. I'm choosing Chandler and Zach over regular Days.

Edited by Soapsuds