DAYS Spinoff: Beyond Salem Discussion Thread

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

He really does need them. This is why characters need friends and not always stuck in story bubbles checking off boxes.

He sure was! lol I was impressed. Didn't expect that from him at all.

A lot of the younger actors DAYS has have good personalities that don't often get to come out.

• Members

Yep. I've always said it but Chandler is invested and comes alive when the writing is there and his screen partner is invested and awake. Chandler can definitely get lazy but I think he's more than reminded folks this go-around that he IS Will. Quirks and all. LOL.

• Members

A lot of young actors on these shows learn bad habits from the scene partners they admire most or bc of personal relationships off-camera. (See: The GH youths being taught to emulate Benard or Howarth) Chandler is no different. He can be very good or he can [!@#$%^&*] around and it doesn't all come from Smith or anyone else. It's on him to be consistent.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I think they are ignoring a lot of Billie's baggage over the years even though Kristen did mention it.  I think Billie became more sad and desperate through the years and Lisa is playing Billie like OG Billie.  Troubled past, but spunky and a survivor.  I do think Lisa does get the heart of Billie in a way other portrayers didn't.

• Members

Binging now.  And as soon as I saw Carrie and Austin I just kept thinking they should be on the show.  While not as iconic, they easily fit into a Marlena/Roman kind of spot from the early 1990’s, have the nostalgia factor for longtime fans, and their complicated connections with Lucas and Sami create story when those characters are around.  Imagine one of Sami’s kids choosing to live with Carrie instead of her.