DAYS Spinoff: Beyond Salem Discussion Thread

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Freddie said he had already made up his mind to move on from DAYS before the called and asked him if was interested in Beyond Salem. Assuming he's telling the truth, I don't think this drag show was why he turned them down. 

To me, Freddie seems like he has just fallen out of love with acting. Happens. He's married, wants to start a family, living in Florida. I think he's moving on with his life, but still wants to keep his name out there to get people to watch his Podcast. 

• Members

Exactly. I don't think there's a huge mystery to it - we all saw how lazy he got towards the end of his run. I don't doubt that they asked Freddie first since they even brought back Eileen for this, so it makes no sense that they'd randomly recast Sonny if they didn't have to.

• Members

Agreed.  He said he was asked.  I believe that honestly.  I don't think the show had any intention of recasting until Freddie turned it down.   Oh, well it worked out.

I am still unclear why Ben/Ciara are playing Austin/Greta.  Aside from them being 20 years too young, it would be very easy to trace the fact that Austin is married to Carrie.  Lol at the virtual Garden of Eden being brought up though.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

If I know Corday and Days they will continue to pursue Freddie until they get him back which, like swapping Cady McClain for Missy Reeves, is a mistake at this point IMO. But I'll be shocked if FS does not return to the role. If you want to retool this show for the streaming age leading with strong faces in key roles is the way to do it.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Well Then Days is stupid. Zach has breathed life into Sonny & Freddie doesnt want to act anymore. Both Zach & Chandler want to go back on the mothership. They have great chemistry. Freddie has been checked out for years. Time to move on Days. 

• Members

They asked Freddie. He said no. They called back days later to tell him they were recasting Sonny because they wanted Wilson part of Beyond Salem. They cast Zach who has been amazing & should be the one they call first to get first refusual on reprising the role