DAYS Spinoff: Beyond Salem Discussion Thread

• Members

Ron will still have his faults but I agree this has been a great story to watch unfold. He's and the show have done a great job. It shows they're capable. And it shows he can tell a fun story. It doesn't always have to be retreads and rehashes of old stories you want to retell, Ron. More of ... this.

And yes indeed Billy Flynn has a perfect  ... I appreciate the show highlighting it.

NuWilson gives me OldWilson 2010-2014 vibes and I'm so here for it, but it's really nice that Zach can do the heavy lifting, if you will. He's great. I'm so beyond happy with him as Sonny. 

Same. Very much didn't care for him on Y&R (the story was hot garbage so that didn't help) but agreed, I love him in everything else I've seen him in now. His facial expressions during Kristen/Billie's confrontation are great.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The writers are credited with different titles for Beyond Salem, than how the writers are credited for regular Days. 
But it feels sort of parallel.

Jason47 added numbers to indicate episode #.

Instead of regular NBC daytime DAYS
 Headwriter as "written by Ron Carlivati"
We have peacock BeyondSalem "Developed by Ron Carlivati".

Ryan Quan is in the same place for both regular NBC days and peacock beyondsalem.

Peacock Beyond Salem credits
"Story by: Jeanne Marie Ford (1), Katherine Schock (2), Dave Ryan (3).
Not sure if "story by"  means breakdown writer?  or is that a temporary headwriter, or ? ? ? 

With regular NBC daytime Days, they list the writing team with scriptwriter as final name on list.

For peacock Beyond Salem, the seem to be crediting the scriptwriter on a separate line as "teleplay by"
Teleplay by: Joanna Cohen (1), Richard Culliton (2), Carolyn Culliton (3)...
And they list the writing staff after.

__
I am curious how they will list Beyond Salem episode 5,
because Jamey Giddens says he's credited for that, and I think he's breakdown writer.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Episode 4 was a pretty fun watch.  Started out with Ben and Ciara which is 

Please register in order to view this content

Of course the party they go to is a swingers party, because sex is all this couple ever does. 

I loved Eileen Davidson today. Those scenes with Kristen and Billie were great. A bit lazy writing that the necklace was dropped off camera, but pressed for time I suppose. 

The drag stuff with Chad, Sonny and Will was everything. So funny. Loved it. 

I was not expecting the reveal about Austin though. Who's he working for and why? 

Edited by wingwalker

The sex party and drag competition were a hoot. I think the actor playing Miles Faversham payed Sandy on GL. The Faversham's sure are kinky. I actually didn't mind Cin too much. In this episode. I was shocked to see gay guys making out at the Faversham's sex party.  Chad and WilSon in drag was so much fun. The Faversham set and  the gay club set looked pretty good.  The Billie, Kristen and Kyle scenes were also good. I loved that Billie and Kristen's past as BFF's was used. The chemistry between Kyle & Billie is off the charts. This has been a joy to watch. For all his faults RC has done a nice job. The weakest thing was AP as Austin.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Thank God for remote work 

Another great episode. Eileen Davidson is amazing! No offense to Stacy Haiduk, but it really is like two different characters when it comes to the two of them. I'm really liking Kyle and Billie as well. I wish we could see their storyline play out. 

Chad, Will and Sonny looked good, I'm not gonna lie  You would think guys as good looking as Will and Sonny would've spent time in a gay bar before, but whatevs  I loved how Will was getting into the club scene so well

I do love how they're pushing the boundaries in every storyline. It's not really just about catering to ignorant fans, there are just some things you can't do on network Tv, which I totally understand.

Looking forward to tomorrow's episode. Hope it isn't the last though. 

In that case, this is for you #BillysPerfect 

Alan Sarapa on Twitter: "The thread about Chad and Abigail's history for  new viewers. Billy Flynn's ass invites you in. #Days… "

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Will and Sonny have definitely been to gay bars. That's actually how Will came out to his grandfather Roman. Will was a suspect to some crime I don't remember and his albi was that he was making out with some dude at the gay bar called "The Spot".  Once you get married, it can be pretty common to settle down and party less. 

• Members

Episode 4 is the longest running episode. It clocks in at 50 minutes.

Where do I start?

The sex party with Ciara and Ben was eye dropping. Couples making out with shirts without shirts. A gay couple making out through almost the whole part of this story. Adrienne Frantz and her husband(former Sandy on GL) Scott Bailey characters hosting the sex party at their mansion. Seeing Scott Bailey tied up and shirtless in bed...lord.... Ben's shirt was ripped off and his dick was grabbed several times by Miles wife. The wife suggesting a threesome to Ciara with her and Ben.

Kyle shirtless at the beginning as Billie knocks on his door...Jesus!!

The gay club scenes were just brilliant!!

Leo spanking Chad's ass

Leo again tugging at Sonny dick.

So the guys meet up with the person who has one of the missing jewels. The drag queen tells the guys the only way they'll get the jewel is by winning a drag queen contest. Chad is horrified at the thought

They are all given drag queen names. Will complains about his name and has his own picked out. That scene was funny as hell. So Sonny struts out first mostly falling all over the place because of the heels. Next up is my Will...gawd  Chandler Massey looked good in drag. He was beautiful! At first Will is nervous and Sonny gives him a kiss on the hand for encouragement and soon enough Will starts strutting his stuff. Will dancing and moving like a pro...damn that was good. Lastly we had Chad who was still horrified. I didn't even recognize Billy Flynn. He looked great and his moves were great! Chad wins the contest and the guys get the jewel. Later on the guys discover Leo has left with the jewel but is then caught by Shane.

At the beginning of the club scene Will is dancing up a storm to the music. He even teases at unbuttoning his shirt through the whole dance....DAMN!! Chandler Massey was hot in that part!

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Great to see Eileen Davidson again. Kristen and Billie scene fell flat to me. I did laugh at Kristen telling Billie that she had a gun pointed at Kyle's dick!

Carrie and Austin were the weak links in today's episode. They were boring.

That scene gave me life!

• Members

Will was for sure having a good time and in his element. I liked that. 

My favorite moment though is when Sonny (in drag) kissed Will's hand (in drag) and that gave Will confidence. My heart went all a flutter. So cute and romantic.