DAYS Spinoff: Beyond Salem Discussion Thread

This has been a fun, enjoyable ride. The twist with Kyle. I didn't see coming.  Leo's antics have been a blast to watch. As well the wonderful friendship Chaddie and WilSon have. Leo was so right. When he called WilSon an old married couple. Not here for Ben's remorse. Over murdering Paige. I felt so bad for Billie. The climax was a bit over the top. But still fun and very soapy. Leo's greed inadvertently saved the day. Now back to the drudgery of Days.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

I wish there had been more episodes. This was amazing! A classic soap adventure for the modern era. And the use of history made it even better.

I have to say the weakest part were the Miami scenes. They needed less Paulina/Michelle and more Abe/Lani.

Too bad about Billie and Kyle. I was really loving their scenes together. 

It was funny how Leo ended up being the hero. Was this meant to be his redemption arc or something. It was nice to see Will and Sonny get their groove back. Fingers crossed that they return to the main show, and if they have no interest in bringing Paul back, I wouldn't mind Leo becoming a recurring character. Will and Sonny could join Black Patch or something. And damn, I want to hug Will and Sonny the way that Chad did 

Nice to see that there are still some people that haven't forgiven Ben. Wtg, Shane! If the ISA is as powerful and as secretive as they implied this week, maybe Ben will have an accident or be suicided 

I really hope Beyond Salem continues as a regular series on Peacock. Just to see what characters have been up to since they left the main show has been delightful. So many times on soaps, characters are just completely forgotten once they're written out and now Days has a chance to follow up with some of them and I hope they take it.

And, on a personal note, seeing all these perfect men on display all week has inspired me to work out a little more. 

• Members

THIS. I don't even recall Lisa being this in character as Billie in 2013, personally (or even 2018). Not that she was given much except a once a month pop in. She's renewed my love for her version of Billie again.

Crazy how the characters feel fully fleshed out on Beyond Salem. They've done a great job.

• Members

Her material was awful in those returns.  I don't think Rinna is capable of rising above bad material, but given halfway decent material she shines.   This was a perfect vehicle for Rinna's Billie.  Hanging around in a police uniform once a month was not.  

I wish there was more Eileen.  She revived Kristen in 2 or 3 scenes for me. 

• Members

LOL yes on Billie and that damn cop suit. And you nailed it about Rinna.

Agreed on Eileen too. I wish there was more for Kristen too. It really is two different Kristen's when it comes to Eileen and Stacy. I'm thrilled we got Eileen as Kristen again. No shade to Stacy intended but Eileen IS Kristen. 

Beyond Salem revived my love for all the characters involved. I think we all needed this limited series, as the main show is ... yikes.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

DAYS better not wait around too long to get Zach (and Chandler) under contract. If they wanted to wait until the series is over, to gauge reaction fine. Recasts can be risky, especially for "supercouples".  I think we have data to support this recast has been an overwhelming success and that WilSon is popular and belongs on the main show. 

• Members

Agreed.

And it's time to overhaul the main show. I know it's easier to get certain names for a limited series or short run so I don't expect certain characters regularly but it would be nice to refresh the feel of the main show. Time to dump some characters. I have to say it but if they aren't going to write for them MBE and SN should be recurring. It's time for Carrie, Will/Sonny, a bit more Tony/Anna ...