Days: March 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I will never like nuClaire. There’s nothing the actress can do to change that, I’ve just accepted it. And this serial killer/Ciara psychic connection is just god awful. They’re immediately going back on my fast forward list.

Jackee has been a wonderful addition to the show.

Edited by Antoyne

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

My very first impression of New Claire was, "She looks like blonde Ciara." I don't still think that, but her vibe is 100% different from ORK. She plays everything too plain, naive, and nice. They could have just shelved the character and built up a new one, but I'll never understand drastic recasts.

• Members

LOL.  I actually think the murder story could be good.  It's the pacing that sucks, but that's been Days problem forever.  I care more about Charlie's murder than this Kristen stuff.   Or honestly the Ciara stuff.  I can't with Ben reciting Romeo and Juliet to her.  GROSS.

And seriously, what kind of love do Kristen and Brady have if she can't trust him not to have sex with Chloe?  And why so many "jokes" about Chloe's boobs?

• Members

The pacing is worse than ever because they’re probably blocking the actors as to their COVID-19 testing. So they test a bunch of actors in one or two storylines and get a week’s worth of episodes, then bring in another group for testing and story. It might save money and time, but it hurts the show a lot. The murder has left my mind already.

Kristen/Susan need a rest. I know people love SH, but I’m to the point of getting annoyed with both of her characters.

nuClaire is terrible. She’s NOTHING like the Claire we knew. Not a thing. Either the actress can’t play the real Claire, never saw any tapes of the real Claire, or is getting no direction from production who cares only about getting a ton of shows in the can per week.

• Members

People are just so stupid, and I am tired of these racist people dominating every aspect of our lives.  I’m tired of them keeping lgbtq characters off the shows, I’m tired of them chasing Black people out of spaces they absolutely belong in.  Sick of it!  

• Members

The worst thing about NuClaire for me is that she no longer has the confidence and can-do attitude of ORK's Claire.  Claire always had goals, even if they weren't good ones.  She doesn't even have a job now.  I place the blame on Ron for that though.

• Members

The thing with nuClaire isn't that she's necessarily a bad actress. Like, I'm not cringing at her acting when she's on or anything. She's watchable. She's just BORING. She's so generic. Claire has no personality now. I feel like they could replace this actress with any random blonde off the street and it wouldn't make any difference. ORK had a personality and I still find myself wondering what certain scenes would be like if she was still around. Claire was recently added to my FF list as all of her scenes are now either with Ben or her talking to someone about Ben/Ciara. They need to give Claire some kind of life because between the writing and the acting, she's just plain boring.

Aunt Paulina was the highlight of the week for me. Love her already mixing it up with people like Kate. I love how she keeps dissing on Salem. I was cracking up when she told Valerie, "I love your hair, you must not have had it done in Salem." Speaking of Valerie, she looks fantastic.

Susan/Kristen is so played out at this point. SH is fun as Susan but she's best in very small doses. Yet we're getting the Susan/Kristen stuff five days a week.

The Abby/Gabi/Gwen stuff has been fun. What was with those scenes of Roman comforting Gabi? So random.

• Members

On one hand, I kinda like having random characters interact with each other. It is better to give them a Salem as a real town.
On the other, it was so random that I am pretty sure this was one of these cases of the scene originally having been written for Gabi and someone else, that someone else not available to film it at that time for whatever reason, and them switching in Roman because JT was available at short notice.

• Members

I agree.  I usually like random characters interacting . . . and, I mean, Roman is involved with Gabi through Will/Ari.  But this was bizarre lol.  One thing I really liked about RC's first couple years at OLTL was that everyone, esp. the newer characters, didn't act super familiar with each other.  Soap towns should feel like a community, but sometimes it doesn't make sense for the super rich "public figures" to act hella familiar with a random twenty-something.  Like, I wouldn't want to see Tony or Anna chumming it up with, say, Tripp . . . that saps believability out of the premise of who the characters are positioned to be.  Sometimes these soap characters have no reason to know each other but they're often like, "oh hey!" lol

As far as what everyone's saying about NuClaire . . . yaaa.  ID is fine.  But even though it took ORK a long time to really find her footing, she did.  And it helped that the writers incorporated her quirks into Claire.  ORK's Claire wound up having a lot of personality fueled by her neuroses and unrelenting drive and she was really extra and kinda offbeat.  That really came to define Claire.  And like many have said, ID's Claire is SO nondescript.  She's palatable at best and that's so not Claire.  Like this iteration of Claire seems only defined by being gullible and that's the extent of her insecurities . . . Claire was literally driven insane by her own sociopathic need to be the best and she was so weighed down by comparing herself to Ciara and feeling like she couldn't measure up to Belle's expectations (that was a surprisingly complicated relationship) . . . and she was sneaky and manipulative with Shawn and J&M and Theo/Tripp.  She was a MESS.  I don't get that at ALL with this Claire.

And I agree with everyone that JH is fabulous as Paulina.  RC is being really heavy-handed with her and the social commentary, but it's so fun and she is speaking TRUTH!  But after JJ and Theo's "Blue Lives Matter" story, I am apprehensive of RC tackling the world's racial reckoning.  Here's to hoping this Paulina commentary is some kind of attempt to correct that insanely tone deaf JJ/Theo story and Julie's casual racism toward Gabi.  Smh.