Days: March 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I can’t say enough good things about Marci’s revitalized take on Abby (if my new profile pic didn’t give it away). Icy yet down-and-dirty. She’d make an amazing villain if they went there. MM is a star who definitely deserves a better platform, but she’s making the most of what she’s given these days.

• Members

I always thought Marci was basically auditioning for indie film projects in her first DOOL stint. She appears to have given up on that ambition and has adopted a more traditional soap acting approach. I think she's overdoing it a bit at this point ... but that may just be my reaction to how differently she's playing it. 

• Members

I’ve always loved Marci Miller.  I think she took the notes that she should play Abby with more fire and unpredictably like Kate Mansi, which is working so well.  But I liked her quiet strength, long-suffering heroine Abby she played from 2016-18, too.

However, what’s most important is that Abby be on the show and the musical chairs between Marci and Kate is unsustainable.  Kate obviously doesn’t want a long-term contract and I don’t know where Marci stands.  It’s all over the internet that she’s pregnant (I totally missed this lol) so I wonder how they’ll handle her maternity leave (another recast would be too much, imo) and I really, really hope she’ll be sticking around long-term!!

Please register in order to view this content

I love the idea of POC running businesses in that empty run down mall called Horton Town Square. Also loved when Paulina called Basic Black. A white owned business. With a black name. So Gabi Chic being close for months ties to Paulina. I didn't see that one coming. The Karen's in a Days FB group i belong too. Where up in arms. Because Days is lightly tackling racism. But with RC writing this. I'm not going to get too excited.

Please register in order to view this content