Days: March 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

If these shows want to be sci-fi, they should commit to it. Not just lazily use sci-fi when it’s narratively convenient. But that’s pretty much the past 40 years of soaps.

The masks thing RC falls back on seems singularly, eye-rollingly stupid.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes. As I said, on the merits, it is a good set but now it is a generic "modern mansion" set. There is nothing DiMera about it anymore.
Which, ironically, I could have accepted if they had addressed it on-air. They could have justified the redesign by having Chad or any of them saying they *wanted* to get rid of negative Stefano influence or something.
Still a shame but that would have justified the redesign on-screen (not acknowleding it at all is ridiculous) and I could have accepted the rationale as character development or something.

• Members

Wouldn't surprise me tbh. Isn't John Aniston shooting all his scenes from a make-shift set at home? That explains why the DiMera set might've gotten the make-over since they probably saw no point in using the proper Kiriakis mansion set.

• Members

Lol true but still I wonder how they even thought they could pull it off, especially since at the same time they had Renee recognize the difference between Tony and Andre immediately lol it wasn’t even a mask, it was a real face and she still knew the difference 

• Members

THAT's the story I want to see. Writers don't understand how much it undermines love stories they are trying to sell us when a loved on doesn't spot it quickly.
Imagine if Xander had a look at what KriSarah is selling and immediately goes "What have you done with the real Sarah?". I am not a Xander/Sarah fan and I would immediately stan the relationship. THAT is romantic.
It is one thing when the relationship isn't one we are supposed to root for. I mean John and Marlena were the end game so we could enjoy the Kristen/Susan switch because, actually, it underscored that John didn't belong with Kristen when he couldn't tell the difference.
But when it is one half of a couple we are supposed to like who falls victim to that stuff, it undermines my belief in their connection forever.

• Members

That’s because Renee was written as a smart lady; Marlena & Sandy Horton not so much when they saw “Roman” kill the prostitute in the alley.

LOL at this point demonic possession and something like “Nighttime” Hope are far more plausible plots than the endless doppelgänger stories whether it’s a face mask (remember Faux Rafe lol) or a long lost twin.

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Agreed 

She was definitely smarter than the average Salemite lol

I would totally take something like Nighttime Hope over this. Like it or not, it was a realistic scenario (somewhat) and I can accept people not believing that Hope could have done things like that instead of them being dumbed down, like Xander and Rex are now 

Edited by AbcNbc247