Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

If it's Nov 8th then it'd a Nathan/Olivia/Dru/Neil day with Neil and Dru arguing about her modelling instead of pursuing ballet. Then Dru has Christine teach her how to model. Also a Sheila/Lauren confrontation day. Nov 11th is when Lauren's baby was dying and you had some Katherine/Dina scenes. Will be interesting to see which of these episodes actually airs. 

• Members

Thurs. Nov 7, 1991
Traci and Brad's second wedding.
Details in recap from "rec.arts.tv.soaps" at this link:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.arts.tv.soaps/yiubJKS71No/tMvkSZfmMlMJ
[These are informal newsgroup recaps, nothing official, things could be missing.]

-----------------------

Fri. Nov. 8, 1991 from IMDB
Neil and Drucilla argue over her career's choices. Sheila's mad at Lauren for preventing her and Scott from leaving Genoa City. She confronts Scott and then Lauren about it. Christine, Danny and Nina arrive in time at the airport to prevent Florence from leaving town. Lauren tells Paul that the baby is very ill. Nathan wants to talk about starting a family but Olivia isn't ready for that.

-----------------------

Mon. Nov 11, 1991 from IMDB
Dina tells John that health conditions kept her away from her family. Dylan's fever's going up. Paul, Lauren and Scott are at his bedside.

-----

Mon. Nov 11, 1991
Details in recap from "rec.arts.tv.soaps" at this link:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.arts.tv.soaps/H34hZMOygh4/LH1K3zwNM3wJ
[These are informal newsgroup recaps, nothing official, things could be missing.]
(They skim over Lauren/Dylan, but detail a Molly/Sheila scene.)

------------------------------------------

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I don't remember Amy Lewis ever being a "random teen girl".  Seems like Amy was always Traci's best friend from the time that Amy appeared, a dance and aerobics instructor (Stephanie was a dancer in real life), and the daughter of Commander Frank Lewis of the police force.   She was a contract character from the get-go.   Lauren didn't like Amy, because Amy knew Lauren was a heifer.  Later on, Amy went to work for Paul and Andy, but at first she was a college girl teaching aerobics and helping Traci deal with the snotty Lauren.      

• Members

I loved this 2006 episode. As has been said, makes me hate that they allowed VR to leave. I just love the Winters family in these scenes, feels genuine and real. Sharon Case looks absolutely fantastic here. Wow. I know Amber was pretty hit or miss but I enjoyed seeing her arrival and introduction to Kay. I forgot how beautiful Adrienne Frantz is. This was my first time seeing Colleen and JT together, they seem to have chemistry despite her concern for the professor. 

Outside of that WOW did the show move fast. I swear they went from set to set to set and back to the same set. I did however love the small touches like Lauren and Michael taking turns with the baby and their careers. 

• Members

VR keeps saying Bill Bell worked with her on the foster child story with Devon - what is the background on this? I thought Bell was phasing himself out of HWing around '98 or so, and he died around the same time of the story.

• Members

Oh yeah, Stephanie Williams definitely "interacted" with Amy.  She was the beautiful young actress who portrayed Amy Lewis.  lol.    

Dr. Neil Curtis, I've never read or heard much about what led to Stephanie Williams leaving the show.  At the time it was happening, I thought it was a pretty bad mistake to let her go.   My guess is that Bill Bell temporarily ran out of storyline ideas for her and released her from her contract.   She had a haphazard "going-away" storyline of some sort --- such as Amy's dad had a heart attack in San Diego (or something), and she had to go spend time with him.  (I'm a little bit vague on it at the moment.)  Then as someone said above, Amy began reappearing several months later in a recurring capacity (no contract).  Seems like Nathan Hastings found her working out in the gym and said, "Gosh, Amy, I didn't realize you were back in town," and she said, "Yes, I just got back", or something.   It seemed that Bell was about to start working Amy back into the storyline.  Then suddenly General Hospital gave Stephanie Williams a long-term contract to play the role of Simone Hardy, so any recurring work planned for her on Y&R quickly went out the window.  Soon after, Drucilla was introduced.