Soapsuds

Y&R to air classic episodes

1 hour ago, ranger1rg said:

I forgot about Lily careening into Neil, too — and also about Kevin and Mac being interested in each other romantically. GMAFB.

🤣🤣🤣

I know 2005 is generally considered as the end of the second golden age (or the VERY end of it), I loved this period. Ashley B. as Mac is always a treat. As an actress, she was one of the few younger actors who could go head to head with Jeanne Cooper, Jess Walton, and the established Y&R crew. 

hi, I've been reading here for some time, and joined last month, but had difficulty logging in. 

Finally here to post. I love reading everyone's knowledge of history.

Global says Thu 5/28 (Fri 5/29 in US) is episode #9390.

First US airing May 4, 2005.

http://www.tv.com/shows/the-young-and-restless/episodes/

https://www.soapcentral.com/yr/recaps/2010/100503.php#thu

Edited by janea4old

14 minutes ago, janea4old said:

hi, I've been reading here for some time, and joined last month, but had difficulty logging in. 

Finally here to post. I love reading everyone's knowledge of history.

Global says Thu 5/28 (Fri 5/29 in US) is episode #9390.

First US airing May 4, 2005.

http://www.tv.com/shows/the-young-and-restless/episodes/

https://www.soapcentral.com/yr/recaps/2010/100503.php#thu

Looks like Ian Ward, Tricia Dennison, Veronica Landers, Mari Jo Mason, and Matt Clark don't stand a chance against the almighty SARAH SMYTHE 😍😍😍

Was Sarah Smythe really Sheila's sister?  Sheila had so many convoluted plotlines that I never quite followed who was really Sheila, who was a character with plastic surgery, who was pretending to be whom, etc through the years.

I loved the masquerade ball episode that they rebroadcast in April.

Who was Mamie's date, and who was the actor who played him?

I enjoyed seeing all the characters being introduced by the emcee, as the entered at the top of the stairs.

I compared the version posted on CBS All Access with the original from YRfan23's playlist, to see what CBS cut. 

I see that CBS cut the scene of Mamie and her date being introduced by the emcee.  Mamie was introduced as "Bessie Smith".  I couldn't quite hear how her date was introduced.

4rlyhwT.png

mISsZ43.png

J8tgXBn.png

Edited by janea4old

Classic Sheila, Mari Jo, Tricia shooting Ryan, Michael trying to rape Christine with Nina locked in the bathroom, Veronica shooting Nikki. How the hell do you fix your mind to think we wanna see Sarah Smyth?!

Edited by Chris B

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

Classic Sheila, Mari Jo, Tricia shooting Ryan, Michael trying to rape Christine with Nina locked in the bathroom, Veronica shooting Nikki. How the hell do you fix your mind to think we wanna see Sarah Smyth?!

Omg this just upsets me and even add in eve Howard and rose Deville, Vanessa prentiss shooting her son accidently missing lorie. They still put up the least favourite i dont get it like are they enjoying that episode themselves smh

2 hours ago, YRfan23 said:

Why the F**k would they think we’d want to see “Sister Sarah” again???😡😡😡

Haha it’s funny ratings went down during that double doppelgänger story. Go figure. But given the story, it’s no wonder Brown turned down the chance to return.

Edited by soapfan770

11 hours ago, janea4old said:

Was Sarah Smythe really Sheila's sister?  Sheila had so many convoluted plotlines that I never quite followed who was really Sheila, who was a character with plastic surgery, who was pretending to be whom, etc through the years.

For all Brad Bell's faults, I'm glad he just dismissed those weird years Sheila appeared on Y&R.

today's episode........Shemar was at his yummiest! Good lord! And also during this period Neil was better looking. I think he looks better with a goat tee then a clean shaven face.

On 5/19/2020 at 9:55 PM, YRBB said:

Actually, I think you're remembering the infamous "Fudge Brownie" scene, in which a shirtless Malcolm wearing leather pants posed for a test shoot while Jill and another executive licked their lips and the soundtrack had a woman moaning and whispering "I want my fudge brownie". :lol: And he was hawt.

It's sad that that whole Men's Line modeling mini-arc didn't lead to that, since the chemistry between Walton and Moore was sizzling and their characters had such a great dynamic. All of Genoa City would've heard Jill if she'd gone to bed with Malcolm. But it never would've happened. Those scenes would have to be done right and the show wouldn't go there. They did all they could to keep Malcolm away from the white women for as long as possible. I mean, Neil and Victoria touched hands and received death threats. If they had portrayed the Jill/Malcolm passion like we know it would be, someone might've set the studio on fire! Even 2 or 3 years later, things were better and Phyllis hooked up with Malcolm. Still, a missed opportunity. 

I LOVED the brief romantic relationship between Neil and Victoria and I remember being PISSED that it didn't go anywhere grrrrrrr. The only person I liked Heather Thom with.

Speaking of Victoria......loved seeing a classic episode with Amelia's refreshing face and portrayl rather than Heather's sour puss face